free website stats program Bagger Upgrades Over The years | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bagger Upgrades Over The years

Jack;
Thanks for the article link. Very interesting.
Maybe 2007 model year should be avoided unless the bike has had the IDS conversion?

Rod

Jack;
Thanks for the article link. Very interesting.
Maybe 2007 model year should be avoided unless the bike has had the IDS conversion?

Rod

Rod; I recently took a 5,000 mile roadtrip with three 2007 baggers. None of them have the IDS drive, and none have any 5th gear whine, or other reported '07 problems. I wouldn't seek out a 2007 to buy, but I also wouldn't avoid one. I'd use the "problem list" as a bargaining chip.

Rod; I recently took a 5,000 mile roadtrip with three 2007 baggers. None of them have the IDS drive, and none have any 5th gear whine, or other reported '07 problems. I wouldn't seek out a 2007 to buy, but I also wouldn't avoid one. I'd use the "problem list" as a bargaining chip.

OK that is good to know. I guess there is no way to check for 5th gear whine except by going for a test ride.

Rod

Don't Know IF this was covered this way here on Above post?

Remember when TRYing a 07 out OR ANY bike model or year for that fact.... Find out What lube is in the tranny... IF the bike has Sin3 or motor oil instead of "Gear Oil", it will be noisier, THEN you know you Can Quiet it down some using A Proper "Gear Oil"...

HD used to put in Sin3 in ALL there trannys and there was concern that that did NOT eliminate some of the Noise BUT Enhanced it..

My friends New bike that rattled BIG time off the show room floor, it HAD Sin3 from HD and Quieted way Down when putting in Redline ShockProof.

This means a Bargaining Chip also, whether private sale or HD sale..... If you know Some of the noise can be addressed Later... Good Hunting.:bigsmiley23:

signed....BUBBIE

BUBBIE:
Good point on the syn3 oil.
Tank;
Thanks for those links; very handy.

Did the high volume scavenge pump first appear in '07 with the hydraulic tensioners?

Rod

Don't Know IF this was covered this way here on Above post?

Remember when TRYing a 07 out OR ANY bike model or year for that fact.... Find out What lube is in the tranny... IF the bike has Sin3 or motor oil instead of "Gear Oil", it will be noisier, THEN you know you Can Quiet it down some using A Proper "Gear Oil"...

HD used to put in Sin3 in ALL there trannys and there was concern that that did NOT eliminate some of the Noise BUT Enhanced it..

My friends New bike that rattled BIG time off the show room floor, it HAD Sin3 from HD and Quieted way Down when putting in Redline ShockProof.

This means a Bargaining Chip also, whether private sale or HD sale..... If you know Some of the noise can be addressed Later... Good Hunting.:bigsmiley23:

signed....BUBBIE

Got Redline Heavy ShockProof, MTL, 20W50 oil from the UPS! Will put them into Sportster (20w50 oil and formula+) and RKC next month! :bigsmiley12:

Back