free website stats program Bagger Upgrades Over The years | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bagger Upgrades Over The years

I put 14.200 miles on my bike and haven't change the tires yet. Dealer took a look at the tires and said it might about 4,000 miles to go before changing the tires. I am not sure if it is because of the new frame... Hummm :dknow

I put 14.200 miles on my bike and haven't change the tires yet. Dealer took a look at the tires and said it might about 4,000 miles to go before changing the tires. I am not sure if it is because of the new frame... Hummm :dknow

They came out with a new tire when they changed the frame design... I think I read somewhere about the tire using a different rubber compound which makes it last longer.

I had 15,000 on my tire in July, the only reason I replaced it then was I was taking off on a 3500 mile trip and didn't want any problems. It probably would have got to 18K easily.

I don't blame you for replaced the tires before the long trip! I would do the same! Did you get the same brand name of the tires? I think I will replace them in the spring before going for a long trip.

Yep, just went with the original equipment Dunlop. Got a little over 20K on the bike now, will need to replace the front tire before next season since it is still original.

Only Touring bikes went to TBW in '08. All earlier years have throttle cables.
2007 Touring were all EFI. 2006 Touring models were available with carbs. (except the Ultra Classic and Road Glide), but not many had them. The difference can be seen in parts lists that show /I at the end of model designation. ie FLHTC/I, FLHTC was a carb. FLHTCI was inj.
2006 was new GTX plastic saddlebags & Tourpak. T.P. has 2 position adjustability, New Harmon Kardon radio, new swingarm and reduced effort clutch.
2007 longer stroke, native metal outer cam bearings, 1" inner cam bearings
closed loop efi (o2 sensors).
2008 Brembo brakes, 6 gal. tank, IDS drive, new engine mounts, 25 mm axles.
I know several items were posted previously, but I forgot what was and what wasn't. As always opinions differ, my sources are not infallible.

Breeze:
Thanks to you and others for the info.
What is "IDS drive"? Can you explain please?
Also when did the optional ABS brakes come in? 2008 with the Brembo's?

Thanks,
Rod

IDS is Isolated Drive System. It's a rubber cushioned rear sprocket that absorbs engine pulses for a smoother ride. '08 is listed as the first year of ABS. I update this list as I read about upgrades because I don't remember as accurately as I would like to. Not all of my info. comes from "official" HD data, so inaccuracies are quite possible. :s

Back