free website stats program Bagger brace( info only) | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bagger brace( info only)

Okay guys, I have to make a report (sort of) about my husband finally maybe experiencing the wobble.....he only felt it once, not sure if it was the bike or the road. We went back to ride it again & he didn't experience it the second time through. Haven't had an issue since either.

We had just picked the bike up from getting his 10k service, (he wouldn't let me do it :() but that's okay. So we are still undecided. He thinks maybe something may have been adjusted differently, but we really didn't change anything. Checked the air pressure in the tires, but tha's it & I think they were good. (It's been a long month since then). I've asked him several times about it, & he has never been concerned about it. I'm just curious about it.

Just a thought Joy,maybe the dealer didn't wipe the remnants of the oil from servicing and when the bike got warm and he leaned at the right angle that bit of oil caught the back tire.

The only wobble I have ever experienced on my 09 Ultra was due to low front tire pressure. It was only a few lbs short, that is all it took. Any others experienced it on a 09 due to other than incorrect air pressure?

Yeah Steve, it had to be something like that, because he has not felt it at all since. So we are back to he doesn't seem to have 'the wobble'. :s

Just an up date...My wife and I went on a ride to the California speedway for the 4th. It was the first time we rode together since putting on the bagger brace. 1st we got to ride on the track twice. That was amazing. 2nd she noticed right away when we got on the freeway how the bike felt more stable. Got to love it when the wife feels better on the bike.

Being on all these forums is going to kill my budget. I have an 08 and have felt nothing like the bagger wobble everyone complains of. I do feel a tiny bit of squirreliness at times, but I have rolled on the throttle through fast sweepers with one hand on the bars (probably not a good idea) and have never felt unstable at all.

Am I just lucky to have one that doesn't do it? Or is it just a matter of time until the right conditions are met and I have a tank slapping experience? (an experience I'd like to avoid rather than survive)

I have never felt anything funny on my 2001 RK Police, even on a two-up ride through the Texas hill country. Lots of dips and sweeping turns, but then again I was not dragging my knee through the corners.

I recently rented a 2009 Ultra and RKC, plus put lots of miles on my previous 2003 Sportster with rigid-mount engine, and did not notice any difference whatsoever in the stability.

does anyone know if older bikes had the wobble. I have a 98 RK and don't notice anything but admittedly I new to the Harley world.

thanks

I think the more weight you have on the bike, the more you will feel it. With my wife and I on, and running over grooves in the road, it has really made a difference. I don't ride like I'm on a crotch rocket, but some guys might feel it and some guys may not. The cool thing about the bagger brace is if you don't like it and feel a difference, you can send it back.

I have experienced the dreaded wobble on my 06 Ultra. I went to the Bagger Brace website and it looked like a quality product. Installation directions looked very easy and straightforward.

Is there any adverse effects to the frame or the transmission housing as a result of the added stresses from the brace?
You also have to remove 3 screws from each side of the transmission pan any chances of oil leaks after installation?

Thanks,
Chris

CTUltra: I've had mine on for a little over 2 months and 2500 miles. No leaks or complaints to date. It's a first class piece of equipment, IMO. Scott in IL-'08 FLHT( The Mistress)

Back