free website stats program Bagger apes | Harley Davidson Forums

Bagger apes

Looking to install some new bars this summer. Def. Want to go with some bagger apes on my street glide, I'm 6'3". I'm looking at the wild 1 577's and the 13" cyclesmiths right now. Looking to put my hands right around the top of the fairing and far away as possible. Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Looking to install some new bars this summer. Def. Want to go with some bagger apes on my street glide, I'm 6'3". I'm looking at the wild 1 577's and the 13" cyclesmiths right now. Looking to put my hands right around the top of the fairing and far away as possible. Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

If you have specific questions about Wild One's products. Be sure to call them. I have spoken to them on the phone and they were great. They will answer all your questions you might have. I have no dealings with Cyclesmith's and they may be the same

Bodeen

If you have specific questions about Wild One's products. Be sure to call them. I have spoken to them on the phone and they were great. They will answer all your questions you might have. I have no dealings with Cyclesmith's and they may be the same

Bodeen

Did you go with 1" or 1 1/4" bars?

I just put the 576's on my Street Glide and took for a "first ride" last night and LOVE em. I have a buddy who just put em on his street glide and is about your height. He likes em but had to push back a far as they would go to be comfortable. I am about 5-10 with a 32-33 sleve and they are perfect for me. I probably could push back (away from me) another inch.

I just put the 576's on my Street Glide and took for a "first ride" last night and LOVE em. I have a buddy who just put em on his street glide and is about your height. He likes em but had to push back a far as they would go to be comfortable. I am about 5-10 with a 32-33 sleve and they are perfect for me. I probably could push back (away from me) another inch.

Awesome. Where are your hands at with the fairing? Are you utilizing stock mirrors or did you plug them and add Morris to the bars?

I just put 14" Wild Ones on my 07 Road King Classic, BEST bars relative to comfort and stability I've ever had on any of my bikes. If you go higher than 12" make sure to change your dampers to polypropylene and a use a one piece clamp. Reason being you need the rigidity otherwise you'll end up with flex in the bars.

I am using the stockers for now, they are functional but I will probably replace. My hands are about 3 inches above the fairing. The wild one site has pics of the bars on a street glide. A big +1 on the bushings and one piece clamp. You will need all new cables.

Oh and by the way be very careful when you remove the quick disconnect on the tank so you don't nick the o-ring (on the tank side). Then when you get the tank off, pour a little motor oil on the o-ring to keep it supple. I also put a little vasoline on the male side when I reconnected so I wouldn't nick it. So far no gas leaks. My buddy wasn't so lucky. BTW He was able to fix with a John Deere o-ring and a little luck. Harley wants you to spend somewhere between 70-300 dollars to fix.

Back