baffles

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by tdj45, Mar 16, 2010.

1. tdj45

tdj45 Member

Hey guys. I have a 06 FLHT fuel injected 88. Bike is completly stock. If I install Big City Thunder Baffles, do i remove the existing baffles and once i have installed the big city baffles will i need to have the bike mapped. also is this dificult to do. Thanks.

2. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

the baffles dont come out with out cutting the stock pipes. the baffles are made to fit into a after market pipe or screaming eagle pipes and yes to remap

3. tdj45

tdj45 Member

what if you already have a set of gutted stock pipes

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

You didn't do your homework before gutting them:s

5. tdj45

tdj45 Member

the gutted are a extra set a friend gave me. still have the stock ones on the bike

6. lv2ride56

lv2ride56 Member

There's a set of '06 cans with fullsac baffles in Phoenix craigslist for sale.

7. Bait

Bait Active Member

They have baffles that fit inside the header pipe. Look at thier "Original Thunder Monsters Baffles". They have measuring instructions on line. I had SE Slipons and a HD Heavy Breather Air Cleaner and I had to have it remapped after I installed the BCT Baffles; I ended up going with a SE Pro Super Tuner after it was said and done.

8. H4U30

H4U30 Member

Hey tdj45 I'll just tell you what I did and do what you want with that. I have a 09 FLHX with the 96 motor. I put a SE A/C on, a TFI, and a set of Rinehart slip ons. Power inprovement but very disappointed with the sound. I took the baffles out and much better sound but was told by many and read a lot about needing back pressure so I ordered the BCT baffles for the head pipes. The power increase was amazing and it improved the sound also.

9. murf

murf Active Member

Sounds like H4U30 did it right and inexpensively. Got the air in and out and sound to boot.

10. glyd-n

glyd-n Junior Member

Did the same thing only with SE II slip ons. This will take care of all your needs.