free website stats program Baffle removal on sportster exaust? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Baffle removal on sportster exaust?

My brother rides a 95 883 hugger and his baffles fell out. we bought these exhaust inserts off ebay and his performance actually is better. but the baffles did fall out of aftermarket pipes. sound is a little more raspy but still its loud enough to get you noticed

Drag Specialties sells baffes for $15 pair, 1 3/4" that I put in my Drag Specialties Straight Pipes. The straight pipes were LOUD, but had that high pitched raspy sound, but when I put the baffles on, the high pitch harshness went away, with nice loud potato-potato sound still there.

Down side, no choice with regards to stock exhaust pipe/mufflers to retrofit in the event an inspection is mandated soon, and being in California, this is not a good thing. I can/t stress enough to keep your HD OEM pipes and mufflers...regulations and enforcement is coming, especially in this economy where the local, state and feds are all hungry for money.

i got a set of SE II from e-bay for $100. they sound way louder and better than stock and not to loud as to wake the neighbors in the morning. didn't have to do anything else to the bike. i would still like them louder, but will go with these for now.
animal

I was disappointed with the SE slip ons. Not much if any of a performance increase and the sound was only slightly louder.

Bid max of $99 on a pair of D&D slip ons on Ebay and won the auction.

The D&D slip ons really woke the bike up. A little twist of the throttle and the bike pulls strong.

Going with the Hurricane Air Intake and a Power Commander V to complete stage 1.

ok, so basically if I punch out the baffles/blocking plates it WILL NOT? mess up my fuel settings or emissions on the computer?:small3d023:The shop guy at my local dealership said he really didn't know if it would or not but said all it would void warranty wise would be the emissions part but the engine and all would still be fine.

Back