free website stats program Baffle Fiber | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Baffle Fiber

Glens, I agree, the sound actually got a little deeper, it really did not quiet it down a whole lot, but I agree with the thought about the excess gas in the pipe. I just wish everyone could be here to see what I am seeing and hearing and how the new packing worked, but maybe my bike is just that way. Who knows, all I wanna do is be able to ride it anyway I want which I think I can now. I am not easy on my bike, I push it pretty hard, so like I said before, tomorrow I shall see if the new packing takes all my decell pop away, but I am confident. :bigsmiley12:

Well, it's 10:45 a.m. and i am getting ready to leave to go riding, I will report back as to whether or not the baffle repacking takes my decell pop away, I am hoping that it works, but I will be pounding the bike down the highway soon. To everyone who is riding today, be safe, watch out for deers, and keep the shiny side up. Talk to everyone later. :rider

Last edited by a moderator:
Ultrat, that is odd don't you think, do you have any problems with decell pop? Well, anyways, I just got back, bike was definitely better, still has some decell pop, but not nearly as bad, I believe that it is in the mufflers, I just got to figure out how to tweek them enough to take some more away, whether or not I need some more packing or what, but I surely did have alot of improvement from before. So, I guess I will be back on the phone with Rush Performance Mufflers tomorrow, but if anyone has any suggestions, hit me up please. Now, please remember, the bike is not running lean, it is tuned properly, just got to figure out where the problem with the mufflers is at, I do not know if a little more packing will help.

Ok, then maybe you can answer this, what year Ultra, when do you notice your pop and how loud is it?

Well, I guess the popping that I still have I will just have to deal with, it seems to be a common issue with everything I have been reading, it seems that people who have mods in their motors as I do seem to have this issue, but the bike is back at the shop for stalling so maybe they will figure it out this time. Gotta say that the G.M. of the store is really not a happy person with his service department.

Well, I guess the popping that I still have I will just have to deal with, it seems to be a common issue with everything I have been reading, it seems that people who have mods in their motors as I do seem to have this issue, but the bike is back at the shop for stalling so maybe they will figure it out this time. Gotta say that the G.M. of the store is really not a happy person with his service department.

There are more causes for the popping condition other than mufflers.

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

Ok, then maybe you can answer this, what year Ultra, when do you notice your pop and how loud is it?

first baffle came off my 93 flh, a long p a t baffle ,its now on a 09. pop noticed 2500 3000 rpm slowing down not loud at all. i now wrap fiber once around w/ small hole chicken wire. should hold together longe.r

Back