free website stats program Bad Vibration | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bad Vibration

All depends on how you look at it.
If it helps 1 person out of 2 that fills out the form, that would be Great.
If it helps 1 person out of 10 that fills out the form, it is somewhat beneficial.
If it helps 1 person out of 50 that fills out the form, it's a waste of State Tax income.
If it helps 1 person out of 100 that fills out the form, Have an Orange & Welcome to Florida!:)

Hey buddy, I like oranges :D

All depends on how you look at it.
If it helps 1 person out of 2 that fills out the form, that would be Great.
If it helps 1 person out of 10 that fills out the form, it is somewhat beneficial.
If it helps 1 person out of 50 that fills out the form, it's a waste of State Tax income.
If it helps 1 person out of 100 that fills out the form, Have an Orange & Welcome to Florida!:)

Hoop I am not familar with our Lemon Law, but on your description I'm lost and forced to hit the entabulator.

I'm lost and forced to hit the entabulator.

R_W_B, when I looked it up, the Lemon Law in Florida did not cover New motorcycles, New RV's, New Powersport products, and what can be called "new low production or esoteric automobiles". So that basically leaves you with buying a New Chevy Nova.

I had the PERFECT and I mean PERFECT candidate for the Lemon Law. But since it was a New Yamaha motorcycle, it was "sorry Hoople, better luck next time".

Then they told me the following which made even more sense......
The Entabulator will be closed due to maintenance. And is only open from 10:15 to 10:45 during non schedules work days along with Holidays and some weekends. Pending weather conditions, an appointment may be necessary.

R_W_B, when I looked it up, the Lemon Law in Florida did not cover New motorcycles, New RV's, New Powersport products, and what can be called "new low production or esoteric automobiles". So that basically leaves you with buying a New Chevy Nova. .. . . . ...

Oh ok, so basically it only covers a Chevy and maybe a bag of lemons.

Don't know bout Florida sometimes, Doctor's have told us my wife's medical condition could be helped by a marijuana prescription. But Florida outlawed marijuana as a prescription drug. She gets along ok so we don't fret it much. But the idea of 'outlawing' a drug prescription that could help someone seems to me a little counter productive. When my mother was dying of cancer it was legal to give her opium to relieve the pain. So I guess opium is ok, but not marijuana. Go figure.

I do kinda like their homestead laws though. In many other states if you make a mistake and someone sues you, they can take all or most of your home in the law suit leaving you on the street. But in Florida your home is protected from a lawsuit.

OH AND dennis123 let us know if you get that new bike or better yet SOME PICS

Yes I am taking the new bike , just want to know the prob with the other one . so no one has had this prob with new Super Glide Customs ????

so no one has had this prob with new Super Glide Customs ????

I am sure there has been other people with similar issues of vibration. But Vibration issues can come from one of many sources. Whether your source and their source is the same,,,who knows? Until you find out exactly what yours turns out to be, how can anyone know if theirs is the same as yours.

But since the dealership has already done so much to your bike with no change in the vibration, my money is on a crank/ compensator/ issue. Just a wild guess.

This thread has been a big help to me and gives me hope that my 2011 Super Glide Custom can be fixed. (nine months old and 4000 miles)

Here's my story.
The test I conducted was on a smooth road. Vibration starts to increase as RPM increases. This would be at approximately normal shift point. At highway speed (55 to 70 MPH) I pulled in the clutch lever and went to idle. The vibration disappeared almost completely. With the clutch lever still pulled in , as I increased the throttle the vibration comes back. I can feel the vibration in the handlebars, front foot pegs, seat and rear foot pegs. It is actually worse on the rear pegs. The mirrors shake so much I can not easily tell the make of the vehicle behind me.
I plan to contact the dealer and set up an appointment to have them take a look. My first Harley was a 2003 Dyna Wide Glide that did not vibrate with 37000 miles on it when I traded it in on this bike.

Hi Dennis123 -
My 2011 FXDC vibrates a little while in 5th gear, from 90 KMh and up, but once in 6th, the bike is smooth and powerful. My top speed so far has been 160 Kmh, which I sustained for approx. 5 kilometers and smooth all the while.
I'll keep my eyes and ears open in regards to this. I hope things work out for ya.
Good luck with the mathemitions and lawyers. good grief.

Back