free website stats program Bad Vibration | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bad Vibration

Hi Hoople,
Yes it does. In metric countries when talking hiway/road speeds it is known as
kilometers per hour. So when one writes or states speed, it is known to be in hours. 100 kms = 100 kilometers (per hour).

So I take it he meant to type kmh instead of kms.
5280 ft in a mile [ft->km] = 1.609 km in one mile
so 80kmh/1.609 = 49.7203 mph
and 100kmh = 62.137 mph
so the OP meant the speed range of 50 to 62 mph

It is a little odd that the dealer cant sort it out for you,I assume they have checked all of the obvious stuff like your rubber engine mounts,top stabilizer mount,bike's alignment,fall away,tire pressure,wheel ballance.Has the bike just started too do this,I've heard of the locking nut on the top stabilizer vibrating loose and causing this kind of issue,surely the dealer has checked all of this.good luck with it. WAZ..

The dealer should check these items, although I have heard of dealers coming up empty on this. You might want to try a different dealer or Indy. It is odd given the miles on the bike. That new of a bike, tends to make me think it's a bad wheel balance, defective tire or bad bearings but could be anything.

I OFTEN notice being serious is Questioned here on the forum. That is OK but often times to Not Be is OKAY in My Book..
I (we) Don't get paid to do all the work in answering these questions it takes,,, so I (we) like to Have It My Way and answer with FUN INTENDED and serious is good and Fun is Fun and I see where the BOTH are here,,,,question and answers could/should be Both....:D

I on occasion get tossed a pork-chop for Pay, THAT, is More than payment enough....:D
so I thought I would just chime in here to say Have a little fun.. I CAN..:newsmile100:

Not too serious at times....BUBBIE

Oh Yes, It could be a bad clutch disc or a bent crank? not funny but the truith

BUBBIE, I don't know about serious being questioned, but I know not being serious has gotten people vacations, and I'm quite posititive they were just trying to fit in with the rest of us. I knew what speeds he was asking about with the vibration problem. I just felt as a new poster he was getting a way wrong opinion of this forum with the answers he was getting. Just sayin'.......
wilks3
:USA

BUBBIE, I don't know about serious being questioned, but I know not being serious has gotten people vacations, and I'm quite posititive they were just trying to fit in with the rest of us. I knew what speeds he was asking about with the vibration problem. I just felt as a new poster he was getting a way wrong opinion of this forum with the answers he was getting. Just sayin'.......
wilks3

I too remember That problem and Yes I saw it differently also.... Thanks for the work You do here and I do like to read Your post..:D

signed....BUBBIE

wilks3

I too enjoy your post as I enjoy most of the members on the forum. I was being a bit facetious but I truly did not understand the kps versus kph. That given I believe everyone should recieve as serious an answer as we can with the information provided. I think that the responses about crank and wheel weight are good starts on the posters problem. I would also add that since this seems to happen at a given RPM the transmission could also be a possible area as well as the cush drive system.

wilks3

In reply to your post here wilks3...

NOT being serious will rarely get anyone a vacation on the forum unless it is just disrespectful or flaming which WILL get a vacation rather quickly.

Just wanted to clarify.

80 kmh = 50 mph
110 kmh = 65 mph
160 kmh = 100 mph
Is that better :bigsmiley23:
The Dealer has replaced tires, engine mounts, Belt and front and back cogs, Wheel bearings,rebalanced wheels, They have offered me a new bike but I am just interested if any one has come across this problem and how they solved it

With everything that the dealer has replaced it would seem that they are running out of options. You did not say if they checked the crank runout or if they changed the compensator sprocket.

I second what HDDon says. With everything they have checked, it sure starts to point to a scissored crank.
Ride the bike. While the vibration is at it's resonant frequency,,, pull in the clutch lever and chop the throttle. If the vibration subsides, I would say it's the crank. Run-out check would prove that.

Back