free website stats program Bad VIBRATION throughout my 2010 FLHX | Harley Davidson Forums

Bad VIBRATION throughout my 2010 FLHX

AllanS76

If someone has an idea of whats going on I would be greatful!!!
After riding 14000 mi on my 2010 FLHX 96ci i developed a serious vibration. Everything from my foot boards, my shifter, my handlebars and grips, to my seat, basically from bottom up. While im riding my hands get tingley and feet from the vibration. Anyone else run into this problem.
Thanks,
Allan:newsmile105:

If someone has an idea of whats going on I would be greatful!!!
After riding 14000 mi on my 2010 FLHX 96ci i developed a serious vibration. Everything from my foot boards, my shifter, my handlebars and grips, to my seat, basically from bottom up. While im riding my hands get tingley and feet from the vibration. Anyone else run into this problem.
Thanks,
Allan:newsmile105:

Have you checked the motor mounts especially the front one. Especially if it has been oil saturated from changing the oil filter and sagging....

Have you checked the motor mounts especially the front one. Especially if it has been oil saturated from changing the oil filter and sagging....

Check the 4 bolts from the transmission to the engine also Welcome to The forum

If your motor mounts are ok, check to see if something like a nut or bolt got wedged between the engine/trans./exhaust and frame. I put seat beads on my Electra, and the bungee hook got between the rear valve cover and frame. It was horrible feeling and sounding. The engine/trans./exhaust have to be totally isolated from frame (except rear muffler rubbers).

I will check that!! I was also told it could be a crank runout problem, that the way they was changed and put together was bad. Hoping thats not the case!

Thanks

Since it just started one of the suggestions/solutions given earlier will probably be the answer. Any mods to the motor or the bike recently? Any installs done just before this started?

Agree with all of the above; start with the obvious and easy to fix sources of the vibration but excessive crank runout could very well be the offender. My brother had a terrible vibration in is '05 FXST and we were about to open up the cam chest to check runout when I discovered a small rock that had somehow wedged itself between the engne case and frame. Mystery vibration solved.:D

However, when you have run down all potential sources and the vibration is still there, pull the cam cover and check the pinion shaft runout. If runout is the source of the vibration you describe, it won't take long to destroy your oil pump and bad juju will follow.:bigsmiley25:

Allen,

Might your bike still be under Warranty?

IF so you might want to see When it expires?

Early "ON" a Warranty Claim is important IF you find nothing Simple wrong, like all have suggested above... Before you tear into the motor... Warranty?

signed....BUBBIE

Your mileage matches when my factory compensator deteriorated to where I couldn't stand it any more, same symptoms, worst at lower rpm. Do you frequently get a loud crack or bang when hitting the starter?

Back