free website stats program Bad TFI module? FI1252st | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bad TFI module? FI1252st

Pulled the pump again and made sure no cracks anywhere. I'm confused as to why it runs good for 30-45 minutes before all this starts acting up.

Hopefully you inspected the fuel line for chafing inside the tank while you had it open.

Tank venting OK? Try another vented gas cap?

There once was a problem with the pressurised fuel line in some models.They rubbed on the inside of the tank,wore holes in them and consequently lost most of the fuel pressure to the engine.

The bikes would run ok with a full tank;once the level dropped,fuel would leak out of these holes and the bike would run erratically.When your fuel level drops to half capacity,listen for hissing or spurting coming from inside your tank.

I cant recall which year bikes were affected,but try looking in the self help section.
Just a thought.

There once was a problem with the pressurised fuel line in some models.They rubbed on the inside of the tank,wore holes in them and consequently lost most of the fuel pressure to the engine.

The bikes would run ok with a full tank;once the level dropped,fuel would leak out of these holes and the bike would run erratically.When your fuel level drops to half capacity,listen for hissing or spurting coming from inside your tank.

I cant recall which year bikes were affected,but try looking in the self help section.
Just a thought.

This?

Well I pulled the TFI completly out of system. Did the same test loop and it ran fine, could be a break in a wire on somewhere in the TFI but Im not convinced that's it yet, it has tried to fool me a few times. Can I run the bike with stock ecm without causing any engine damage for say 500mi before I would get it back from Dobeck?

stock engine with V&H true duals, big sucker

Some say that you can run the bike with A/C and slipons without added fuel but I wouldn't. You didn't mention what other mods you had done to the bike.

Stock engine, just the big sucker, V&H true duals and pipes. I could always pop the old old a/c back on and leave exhaust and pipes?

Back