free website stats program Bad Gas??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bad Gas???

Save the fuel for the mower, just add some Seafoam. I had the same thing happen to my blazer and kept the fuel, added seafoam and used it in the mower and it worked great. But I see it says your from illinois and the 100 degree weather and the drought has probably killed your lawn like it has mine over here in indiana.

Did you use the entire bottle of Techron? I am concerned it may have been too much. Unless it was a small bottle, sized to treat 4-5 gallons your might have enough Techron to treat 16-20 gallons. I wonder if a higher than normal ratio of Techron:Gas might damage seals, gaskets, or "O" rings in fuel system.

This is one of those situations where I'd prefer to be wrong.

Cheers!
WAP.gif

The Techron that I used said it now treats up to 15 gallons. It said to put the whole bottle in but I only used 1/3 for 5 gallons.

Save the fuel for the mower, just add some Seafoam. I had the same thing happen to my blazer and kept the fuel, added seafoam and used it in the mower and it worked great. But I see it says your from illinois and the 100 degree weather and the drought has probably killed your lawn like it has mine over here in indiana.
Have not mowed in a month in Illinois. Grass is really crisp and one of my trees outside thinks it is fall. I think I have more leaves on the ground that in the tree from the heat. Were do you get Seafoam at. Actually I never heard of it. I do not want to waste the gas so If I know where to get Seafoam I could used it for the garden equipment. Just looked on radar and IN is getting some short bursts of rain with quite a few cells moving N.

All the Auto parts stores here carry Seafoam. Advance Auto, AutoZone, and even Tractor Supply.

i would not put that sea foam crap in anything. second how many miles on the bike? have you checked the fuel line in the tank for pin holes? this will cause major issues with driveability and is a $40 dollar fix. i have replaced many, and i mean many of these for this issue. look into it.

Ok! Here is how the story ends. Drained the BP 93 Octane gas out and filled the tank with some Shell High Octane gas. I also added a bottle of Techron and started the motorcycle and let it run a bit. Today (AM) I took it down a county road and was getting some hic cups around 60. I put on about 20 miles and it was still cutting in and out around 60. Ok! Huston we have a problem so I called my local Harley dealer and said I was going to trailer it in today and leave it there so they can look at it. Got the trailer all hooked up to the truck and started the Ultra and it just sounded different. I decided to run it up the road a little and see it it was running better. Well 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 and not one miss fire. Could not believe it. So I said this can not be and took it out again for about 15 miles and not one hic cup or mis fire. If I did not do this and if I would have taken it to the Harley dealer they would have called me and said there is not anything wrong with it. SOooooooooooooooo by putting some different fuel in and adding a bottle of Techron it solved my problem and probably saved me hundreds of dollars at the Harley dealer. If the problem returns then I will have something for the dealer to look at but for now, it is running great. I still think it was just some bad gas!!!!!!!! Watch out for BP 93 OCTANE. Thanks for all your feed back and help.

i would not put that sea foam crap in anything. second how many miles on the bike? have you checked the fuel line in the tank for pin holes? this will cause major issues with driveability and is a $40 dollar fix. i have replaced many, and i mean many of these for this issue. look into it.

:bigsmiley23:

Ok! Here is how the story ends. Drained the BP 93 Octane gas out and filled the tank with some Shell High Octane gas. I also added a bottle of Techron and started the motorcycle and let it run a bit. Today (AM) I took it down a county road and was getting some hic cups around 60. I put on about 20 miles and it was still cutting in and out around 60. Ok! Huston we have a problem so I called my local Harley dealer and said I was going to trailer it in today and leave it there so they can look at it. Got the trailer all hooked up to the truck and started the Ultra and it just sounded different. I decided to run it up the road a little and see it it was running better. Well 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 and not one miss fire. Could not believe it. So I said this can not be and took it out again for about 15 miles and not one hic cup or mis fire. If I did not do this and if I would have taken it to the Harley dealer they would have called me and said there is not anything wrong with it. SOooooooooooooooo by putting some different fuel in and adding a bottle of Techron it solved my problem and probably saved me hundreds of dollars at the Harley dealer. If the problem returns then I will have something for the dealer to look at but for now, it is running great. I still think it was just some bad gas!!!!!!!! Watch out for BP 93 OCTANE. Thanks for all your feed back and help.

Back