free website stats program Bad Fuel Mileage | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bad Fuel Mileage

No I didn't.

Did not hook up 02 sensors!:(:(

Took it to harley to day and they ran check on bike and said they couldn't find any engine failure other than it needs tunning. Maybe just bad fueler?? We'll see what Do beck says on my fueler.

Would not plugging the 02 sensors back in kill stock mileage?

The Dobeck unit is a "piggyback" piece of hardware; does not flash the ECM and was receiving signal from the Dobeck unit to trick the ECM into providing fuel as called for by the Dobeck unit. Removing the Dobeck unit has no affect on the ECM but now the ECM is not receiving data from the O2 sensors. Connecting the O2 sensors completes the system and your mileage will be what your mileage should be from the motor in stock trim; unless something else is going on. Connect the O2 sensors.:coffee

No I didn't.

Did not hook up 02 sensors!:(:(

Took it to harley to day and they ran check on bike and said they couldn't find any engine failure other than it needs tunning. Maybe just bad fueler?? We'll see what Do beck says on my fueler.

Would not plugging the 02 sensors back in kill stock mileage?

I'm a little confused after reading your post. did you hook up the 02 sensor before you took it to Harley? If not my question is, why did they not find that while checking your bike over? If in fact it was not hooked up and they missed it I'd be looking for a new dealership.

I'm a little confused after reading your post. did you hook up the 02 sensor before you took it to Harley? If not my question is, why did they not find that while checking your bike over? If in fact it was not hooked up and they missed it I'd be looking for a new dealership.

And to add I can not understand how the check engine light did not come on....

No they were not even on the bike, sensors removed and replaced with plugs. They never mentioned the sensors.

No, the engine light isn't on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny, just picked my bike up from the dealership and they said that nothing was wrong just needed tuner. I toped off my bike and rode the 37 miles home. Filled up when I got home and mileage was 48 mpg!!! I think they fixed something and said nothing was wrong but tried to sell me on a super tuner & Dino then they could say that fixed it!! WOW!! CROOKS!!!! COWBOY HARLEY DAVIDSON OF AUSTIN.

No they were not even on the bike, sensors removed and replaced with plugs. They never mentioned the sensors.

No, the engine light isn't on.

Them not finding the 02 sensor unhooked would concern me. I'm guessing at some point you'll throw a code and the engine light will come on.

Them not finding the 02 sensor unhooked would concern me. I'm guessing at some point you'll throw a code and the engine light will come on.

Not riding it anymore till I get my fuler back and put back on. Dobec left a message so I'll call tomorrow and see what they found. I'm really thinking about a Vance & Hines fuel pack instead of putting the Dobec fueler back on. We'll see. I'll post up the findings.

The sensor bypass that Dobeck provides will fool the ecm and it wont throw a code. I would suggest putting the 02 sensors back in and hooking them up.Then take it for a ride.

Back