free website stats program Bad Crash and H.O.G. Roadside Assistance | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bad Crash and H.O.G. Roadside Assistance

Glad that your OK, and I am very sorry about the IDIOT that caused your accident. But dont let anbody take anything from you!!!! Meaning your love for riding, I cant imagine what you went through! and it easier said then done but get back in the saddle and get your face in the wind. All the best to ya bro

Glad to see that you are okay there VH, hope you are healing well. Hang tough, we are all thinking of you. Good luck.

First, I'm glad you're OK!

They probably look at it like a car, if the repair cost is within(a certian$$ amount/percentage) and or over what the vehicle is worth at the time(books out), they total it. Either way, they have their own formula.

This happened in daylight? Other vehicles on the road? Second accident/crash in three months? What happened in the first one? I will respond after.

*** UPDATES ON CRASH REPAIRS***
Repair estimate was over $8,000.00. Now, I figure bike should be back around end of this month. I check my mail yesterday and there is a check for another $4200.00 from insurance company. Frame is bent and must be replaced. They didn't see this until taking bike apart. So, 2008 Ultra with now around $12,000.00 + in damage. Does anyone think this should have been totaled?

That's a lot of repairs to a bike. Myself, I would rather see them total it and buy a new one but that's just me.

Good luck with the repairs.

That's a lot of repairs to a bike. Myself, I would rather see them total it and buy a new one but that's just me.

Good luck with the repairs.

I agree. NOW, How do I go about doing that? I guess it is the insurance company I have to convince right? I really DON"T want this bike back.

If the work hasn't been started, maybe a call to the insurance company telling them how you feel about a repaired bike may do something. Explain to them about the resale price of a bike that has been repaired verses one that hasn't. The repairs will usually be listed in the dealers computer system for a future buyer.

Diminished Value Insurance Claims - Harley Davidson Community

Supposedly, they ordered several thousand dollars in parts and were in the process of pulling apart and replacing parts when they found this, so this frame is a supplement to the original estimate. My real concern here is the diminished value as I plan on selling this bike immediately after I get it back. I just wonder what it will be worth?

Im so glad that you didnt get hurt. What is wrong with some of these people with leaving people laying in the road?

wrecked on my bike in early june. broke 7 ribs and lacerated my spleen. was back on my ride by late august. that was in 2003. follow your instincts, you'll make the right decision on riding. GLAD YOU'RE OK!!!

Back