free website stats program Bad Crash and H.O.G. Roadside Assistance | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bad Crash and H.O.G. Roadside Assistance

Glad to hear you were not seriously hurt... Occasionally I think about what if that idiot did not see me, what could I have done if he kept coming through that intersection. My last close call was also on the Interstate. There were 4 of us riding and I was the last bike. We were passing a line of cars and when I pulled up along side the car all of a sudden started into my lane. There was a wide shoulder and I was able to not get hit but when I collected my self and looked over the driver would not look at me even after pulling along side and staring at her. Just acted like I was not even there waving my hands and giving the shrug of the shoulders and pointing my fingers. Hope you recover from that memory.
Well sorry to say that I am guilty of this also. I cut into a lane coming home on the NE extension in PA from the Pocono 500 years ago, I never saw the bike next to me until the last moment, I swerved back quickly. I basically did the same thing, I shrugged my shoulders and gave the sorry face, I mean what can you say??.At least I knew from being a rider to look again.

Glad to hear that your safe, you will be back in the saddle soon enough. I think I would hag up the helmet if I got tangled up real bad. I have young children, so it is always on my mind if I got hurt on my bike, it will affect them.

Well sorry to say that I am guilty of this also. I cut into a lane coming home on the NE extension in PA from the Pocono 500 years ago, I never saw the bike next to me until the last moment, I swerved back quickly. I basically did the same thing, I shrugged my shoulders and gave the sorry face, I mean what can you say??.At least I knew from being a rider to look again.

Glad to hear that your safe, you will be back in the saddle soon enough. I think I would hag up the helmet if I got tangled up real bad. I have young children, so it is always on my mind if I got hurt on my bike, it will affect them.

Irish hit what I think is on the back of all of our minds is that we took up this Harley/motorcycling thing sort of like a brand new love affair, with passion and somewhat blindly accepting all the risks, good and bad that goes along with it...BUT as we get older, we do have a lot more responsibility to our family and friends, to weigh those risks every now and decide if there is more being added to the ride or not to ride equation.

It is like motorcycling the first time, two up with a new co-rider, we make decisions for them, try to ride extra careful to make the experience a positive one. But when all is said and done, this is not an "I" but more of an "Our" decision which must include our significant other, our children, grandchildren and our friends who would be affected by this. It is okay how ever you decide...you have made a mark on the Harley community and indeed made the world a better place by sharing your thoughts with us, Thank you...:ap

Last edited:
Hey All, Just wanted to say thanks for all the support. And, yes, I guess that is a rash decision as I have had a love for motorcycling since I was a little boy. I don't think I could ever stop ( maybe just take a little break) as it is in my blood. I have to say as I was going over my torn jacket and pants and gloves and stuff that this protective gear really does work to minimize the damage especially in regards to road rash. Also, Helmet has a big gouge in it and I am really not sure what the end result would have been without it. Again thanks and please Ride Safe!

Glad your o.k. for sure. I agree with Drew. Sounds like you were suited up for the spill. When I see these guys on their crock rockets flying by me in shorts and tee shirt, they won't be getting up calling Roadside Assistance.

Love that new technology protective stuff. Looks cool & works at the same time.
All the best!
Maybe next year?

God was with you...thank HIM alot!

Cycle riding is risky....need to consider any activity in that regard. I quit riding for the 25 years I raised my kids for that reason

Now, as an empty nester, I am willing to accept that I might be killed, but i am also at peace with my God and will thank him for giving me the opportunity to enjoy the ride

BJ

Here is some pictures of my Bagger and she is not happy.
I could only get front pictures because of where it was parked in storage at dealership.

Lots of damage there. It's the smaller things that aren't as appearant that add up too.

Glider, Since you have a lot of experience with bikes, Can you tell me what it take for a bike to be considered a total loss? I really want a new 09 bike.

Back