free website stats program Bad Crash and H.O.G. Roadside Assistance | Harley Davidson Forums

Bad Crash and H.O.G. Roadside Assistance

Vibratinharley

On a short excursion to Virginia on Monday, I was involved in a serious accident with my 08 on I 95 South near exit 41. What is really scary is " I can't remember / I have no idea what happened. All I know is my bike is all crashed up and I hurt everywhere and this is the second accident in 3 months with this bike and I no longer want to ride it as I saw my life flash before my eyes this time. I hope and pray they make it a total loss as I don't even care how much money I loose, I just don't want it back. I don't even want to see it again. The vehicle that hit me just kept on going and the only witnesses I can find only saw me bouncing/rolling/sliding down the road and saw my bike slam into another vehicle with me not on it. What craziness. Maybe I will change my mind someday and want to ride again but then again, maybe not.

Oh and HOG roadside assistance leaves a lot to be desired. I called after accident and was on hold for 15 + minutes. Doesn't seem like a long time but this is just unexceptable in a emergency situation when you have an immediate need for service. The trooper couldn't wait any longer and made me use their dispatched tow truck. No big deal $175.00 for 5 mile tow is ok I guess. I am glad I keep a credit card with $$$ for emergency use only as I might have been in a real bind without it. Accident away from home is costly but who really cares about $$$ the greatest thing is I am ALIVE and nothing is missing or broken. THANK GOD!!!!

Man, I am so glad it didn't turn out any worse than it did. Hard to believe noone saw what happened on such a busy road. The person that hit you MUST have known what happened - hopefully karma catches up with them someday soon.

I've heard good and bad about HOG roadside assist. I'm afraid it's totally hit or miss - time of day and who's manning the call center.

Take your time with your recovery and try not to make any rash decisions right away when your emotions are still so up and down. I know, easy for me to say, right?

It could have been much worse but you're here and talking about it so that's a good thing. Glad you are OK for now and the bike problem will be taken care of and you make the smart decision whether to ride it again of get rid of it if it's not totaled now.

Glad you're OK

Glad to hear you were not seriously hurt... Occasionally I think about what if that idiot did not see me, what could I have done if he kept coming through that intersection. My last close call was also on the Interstate. There were 4 of us riding and I was the last bike. We were passing a line of cars and when I pulled up along side the car all of a sudden started into my lane. There was a wide shoulder and I was able to not get hit but when I collected my self and looked over the driver would not look at me even after pulling along side and staring at her. Just acted like I was not even there waving my hands and giving the shrug of the shoulders and pointing my fingers. Hope you recover from that memory.

i'm glad you didn't get hurt to bad. take some time off and get your body hilled up and mind staighten out before jumping the gun on not riding anymore. the driver of that car that hit you needs to remember one thing....what comes around goes around..... it will come back to him in some sort of fashion.

Firstly, I'm so glad you are OK! Regardless of what you decide going forward, at least you are healthy and walking around!

As Glider said, we all need to make our personal decisions with regard to risk and return...not only with respect to riding, but other activities in our lives as well. You'll know what is right for you if you listen to your own instincts. What's right today, may or may not be right tomorrow.

Best of luck. Do what is right for you!

i'm glad you didn't get hurt to bad. take some time off and get your body hilled up and mind staighten out before jumping the gun on not riding anymore. the driver of that car that hit you needs to remember one thing....what comes around goes around..... it will come back to him in some sort of fashion.

Like I said, karma will catch up eventually!

Glad to hear you were not seriously hurt... Occasionally I think about what if that idiot did not see me, what could I have done if he kept coming through that intersection. My last close call was also on the Interstate. There were 4 of us riding and I was the last bike. We were passing a line of cars and when I pulled up along side the car all of a sudden started into my lane. There was a wide shoulder and I was able to not get hit but when I collected my self and looked over the driver would not look at me even after pulling along side and staring at her. Just acted like I was not even there waving my hands and giving the shrug of the shoulders and pointing my fingers. Hope you recover from that memory.

This is strange since I just got through "lecturing" someone earlier this week that, statistically, the interstates and freeways are still safer than other roads with stop signs, lights, intersections, etc. Granted, the speeds are so much higher that if something does happen, the results can be horrifying. But I still feel that if you ride the freeways at a safe speed and stay as aware as possible of things going on in ALL quadrants your odds are better than cruising on the "surface streets."

Back