free website stats program Bad, but could have been worse... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bad, but could have been worse...

I'd like to know just how well it really works.:D

gona trying this on a friends softail with hail damage....i will let you know how it works....have to use the dry ice method. he is hair impaired so no dryer :21:

Ditto on that, Lorne, please let us know...thanks!

will do but will be about 10-12 days before i get back to try it out.

mentioned it to a friend he told me that he was in Montana when there was a bad hail storm. there was a some guys who were pulling out the hail damage dents out of cars using this method, only difference was they were heating the area with a hair dryer before the dry ice.

don't know if i will be able to have photos because i lent my camera to Jack...:p

Definitely gonna have to try this on my tank. Dropped it into gravel driveway when redkote sealing it 5-6 wks ago. really upset me as except for raised edges of decal it was almost perfect. I'll include before & after pic's when I do it. probably do it next week.

I'd like to know just how well it really works.:D

I don't mean to hijack this thread, move this post if deemed hijacking.

I have never heard of the dry ice, or canned air dent removal, but it really got my interest. I hopped on the Dyna and took off to find some. The 3rd grocery store carried it (you have to show ID, it's used for making meth.) I got back to the house and took some pics of parking lot dings, hail damage and a ding in my spare Dyna tank. I applied hair dryer heat to dings, then covered with dry ice or liberally sprayed with upside down air can. Sorry to say, not a lot of success was visible, the best result was with the spray. Maybe because it reached into the lowest part of the ding? I even left a chunk of dry ice on a ding until it evaporated. All of my test subject dings were pretty small to start with, not an appreciable amount of metal to shrink?
Now, anyone got ideas what I can do with the leftover 8 lbs of Dry Ice? :taunt

Last edited:
Really glad you're okay. I really dislike following any flatbed trucks, pickup trucks, any vehicle that looks like it has items in the tow that are tied down haphazardly, or just loosely thrown in the back of the bed. Having that 2x4 kick up to your windshield must've scared the heck out of you. I don't even like to be behind fellow motorcyclist in a group ride who don't have a rear fender or mud flap for fear of them kicking up stones back at me! :(

Really glad you're okay. I really dislike following any flatbed trucks, pickup trucks, any vehicle that looks like it has items in the tow that are tied down haphazardly, or just loosely thrown in the back of the bed. Having that 2x4 kick up to your windshield must've scared the heck out of you. I don't even like to be behind fellow motorcyclist in a group ride who don't have a rear fender or mud flap for fear of them kicking up stones back at me! :(

It definitely got my attention. The sound is what startled me most. It was LOUD.

Back