free website stats program Backrest - is it Low or Med Low??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Backrest - is it Low or Med Low???

RAWLDYMAN

I may have a bit of an issue with my dealer over a backrest I got fitted to my Sporty L. I wanted a rigid mount low medallion style upright (Part no 52909-02) & pad with bar & shield (Part n0 52412-79A).
Thing is, I think dealer fitted a med low upright instead of the low one I wanted. The pad is fine but it sits down very tight to the sundowner seat. The whole thing seems VERY short and kinda "stumpy" looking.
Dealer has'nt been very forthcoming about my query and I just want to do a little homework myself before I go back. I measured the upright on my bike and it is 270mm (10 &1/2 inches).
I was wondering if any Sporty owner out there who has a low upright fitted would measure the overall height of it and give me the top to bottom dimension?

according to the 09 cataloge. Part #52909-02 is the chrome low upright medallion style and part #52412-79A is also the low embossed Bar and sheild logo pad. According to the pic it appears that the low pad will not fit on the med low support. Hope that helps some. I could not help with measurements as I do not have the supports on mine. Take a pic and post it up also.

i have one at home, its off the bike now as ive gotten something bigger and more comfy for the fiance...but ill measure it tonight and try to let u know tomorrow.

The low sits VERY tight to the seat. The Med Low which is what i have sits a few inches above the rear seat.

Med Low as seen here.
IMG_4297.jpg

The low sits VERY tight to the seat. The Med Low which is what i have sits a few inches above the rear seat.

Med Low as seen here.
IMG_4297.jpg

Thats what I have on mine now too....The low that I had when on with my sundowner seat, was almost flush with the seat.

cdn:
If you look at the HD catalogue, the pic you posted is actually the "low" set-up (which I wanted); it's not the "med low". Seems strange, I know, but that's the way HD named them.

jloomis;
Since you have the one Ithought Iwas getting Iwould really appreciate if you coild measure it and tell me the height?

Cromwell:
Sorry I hav'nt got to grips with pic posting yet but you are right - the bar & shield pad is only for use with a low upright. The fact that the pad sits down so tight to the seat on my bike is what makes me think they fitted a med low upright instead of the low one that I wanted

Back