free website stats program Backfiring on decel with TFI and Stage 1?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Backfiring on decel with TFI and Stage 1??

Well I lost mileage since I put my 2 to 1 cobra,big sucker and PC-V,I get 35 in the city on a 06 electraglide classic,but my wife say's it because I drive diffrent,that I jerk her around getting on and of the throttle listening to the pipes!:D

Plugs show little when it comes to fuel mixture since the removal of the lead from the fuel. What you see on plugs now is the additive packages mostly.

Plugs show little when it comes to fuel mixture since the removal of the lead from the fuel. What you see on plugs now is the additive packages mostly.

They still show soot.
If they are black and sooty, rich.
Gray or tan, lean.
This still show's even IF the fuel formulation has changed.

You need to re adjust your tfi ,, i have one turned it up till the bike did that then down two clock positins and it works fine

Glider is right. I can hear back fires from my stockers if I wind it up enough before decel. Not as drastic as open mufflers but its there.

I have a 09 Ultra with stage one (SE AC & Jack Pot pipes) with a TFI. No backfiring and upper 30's for MPG.

They still show soot.
If they are black and sooty, rich.
Gray or tan, lean.
This still show's even IF the fuel formulation has changed.

Soot is about all that you can properly read and every Harley plug has some around the base which is normal.
Gray or tan isn't lean, white is lean but most only see a white plug tip on the newer bikes, as mentioned above the only color comes from fuel additives and that's telling nothing of the air fuel mixture. Tetraethyllead is what gave the readable colors on plugs in years past but I'm new at this so I could be wrong :s

Back