free website stats program backfire | Harley Davidson Forums

backfire

BannedSkinner

I have a 08 revtech motor, shorty e carb, straight dual fire system, and I am getting an intermitten issue. At the top end of a gear, the bike will loose all power for just a sec., backfire and want to die, if I keep on the throttle, it will keep bucking and backfiring, if I let go of the throttle, it will idle and mellow out. New plugs, wires, and the entire charging system was just replaced at the tune of 1000 bucks. Can anyone help out?

From what you described it sound like it is starving for fuel.Have you checked the fuel filter,fuel flow to the carb and float height?

As Steve said it is the sort of effect you would get when there is not enough fuel
Has the current setup previously worked ok if so was it a gradual or sudden change in condition

Brian

the setup worked fine for about a year, then I took it into a shop to have the stator, regulator, etc. replaced.

all but the float level

Last edited by a moderator:
If the stator was the last thing done to it before it started this. I would run that angle down. Is it charging properly, is the voltage being regulated properly, What is the voltage at high rpm? etc.

Back