free website stats program Backfire at start up.... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Backfire at start up....

Are you happening to be turning the throttle at all while cranking engine to start?

Nope. I just start it up. Sometime it would just go pop and stop, then it would start back up. Just annoying to hear the pop and the inconvenience factor of having to hit start again. lol

Every now and then,my limited will do that and i will see a light dusting of smoke coming from the intake!!! Or it will be a major kick back!!! But once i hit the botton again,it starts right up!!!

Every now and then,my limited will do that and i will see a light dusting of smoke coming from the intake!!! Or it will be a major kick back!!! But once i hit the botton again,it starts right up!!!

My 2008 EG does the same it, it is a bit of a shock when it does happen. With fuel injection and all the electronics you would think starting would be flawless every time......:nosad

The Only Time mind DID that (kick back or miss fire back) is when I needed to replace the stock compensator to the SE 08A compensator i have in there now... No kickbacks or problems since... (09 FLHR 103" built)

signed....BUBBIE

Back