free website stats program Backfire and Throttle body noise | Harley Davidson Forums

Backfire and Throttle body noise

mschultz77

A friend of mine brought over his '06 Deluxe complainning of it backfireing and making a noise from the throttle body. The noise from the throttle body sounds like air being forced through it. It doesn't backfire of make the noise during acceleration. He said it was riding fine around town and when he got on to the freeway it started. I don't know much about fuel injection all my bikes have had carbs so any help or suggestions you guys can give would be great.

If he has the stage one intake, the noise he is hearing like the air going in is a normal thing.

I f it is not a sound he has heard before spray a little windex around behind the throttle body to see if it is sucking air

he might have an air leak as some one suggested wpray windex or spray carb cleaner if the rpm raise when spraing he has a leak.
also the back firing might be that he nees some kind of tuning device to adjust the decel enrichment table.
pretty common on efi bikes.

Back