free website stats program Back up Key Fob | Harley Davidson Forums

Back up Key Fob

I'm not 100% on this but I think this has to be done at the dealer.
Hopefully someone else will chime in or you can also call your local dealer.

when I bought my Road King - I got ONE key fob. the owner had recently moved from florida and apparently misplaced the other one. I went to HD and they ordered another key fob. when it came in they called - I rode the bike to the HD and they had me choose a 5-6 digit secutity code -- the tech coded the new one and married it to the bike and now I have TWO key fobs. NO CHARGE other than the fob (I think around $40). Now both work fine and for what it's worth, I stagger the battery replacements so they both wont go out at the same time.

Bill

Instead of leaving your spare in a drawer at home, you can flip the battery upside down.
FOB won't work but easily made active by active by flipping the battery back to normal.

I hide my extra FOB under stuff in my lowers.
Unseen but there if needed.

Handy if you lose the FOB and want to get back in the saddlebags or Tour Pak.

Instead of leaving your spare in a drawer at home, you can flip the battery upside down.
FOB won't work but easily made active by active by flipping the battery back to normal.
I hide my extra FOB under stuff in my lowers.
Unseen but there if needed.
Handy if you lose the FOB and want to get back in the saddlebags or Tour Pak.

You should also carry the FOB bypass procedure in your wallet, and KNOW your pin #.

Agreed, a rider should know the FOB bypass procedure but having the extra FOB available is needed if you lose the FOB and need to get in your locked bags.

Back