Back up Key Fob

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by HarleyWade58, Jan 26, 2016.

1. HarleyWade58

HarleyWade58 New Member

can I add another passive security key fob to my 07 Road King (want a backup)?

2. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

I'm not 100% on this but I think this has to be done at the dealer.
    Hopefully someone else will chime in or you can also call your local dealer.

3. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

The fob has to be programmed to your bike by the dealer. And they are proud of the service!

4. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Thanks Pete, I thought I read that somewhere but I wasn't 100% sure.

5. Billbo

Billbo Junior Member

when I bought my Road King - I got ONE key fob. the owner had recently moved from florida and apparently misplaced the other one. I went to HD and they ordered another key fob. when it came in they called - I rode the bike to the HD and they had me choose a 5-6 digit secutity code -- the tech coded the new one and married it to the bike and now I have TWO key fobs. NO CHARGE other than the fob (I think around $40). Now both work fine and for what it's worth, I stagger the battery replacements so they both wont go out at the same time.

Bill

6. gusotto

gusotto Junior Member

Instead of leaving your spare in a drawer at home, you can flip the battery upside down.
    FOB won't work but easily made active by active by flipping the battery back to normal.

I hide my extra FOB under stuff in my lowers.
    Unseen but there if needed.

Handy if you lose the FOB and want to get back in the saddlebags or Tour Pak.

7. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

You should also carry the FOB bypass procedure in your wallet, and KNOW your pin #.

8. gusotto

gusotto Junior Member

Agreed, a rider should know the FOB bypass procedure but having the extra FOB available is needed if you lose the FOB and need to get in your locked bags.