free website stats program Back to square one, starting over | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Back to square one, starting over

More than likely you will go through the same scenario with the Mic. Stick with the CV and get the right parts in it and they run well. Aside from a crisper throttle response with the Mic , the CV is my choice between the two.

I really think im able to beat this thing, I think I will. Let me do some more inspection on what parts are what. And check the tank prefilter. Only other thing I can add is the feul level in the bowl is about 1/4 incch from the top of bowl , float is older so I checked it that way instead of ruler. Float needle works good. Would the dealer sell non hd jets though. ORTIGO

Ok guys thank you for your patients Im going to take it back apart including tank and go back through the whole system with giving the dealer a call and see what brand he sold me. I will get it sorted soon .Thanks guys. ORTIGO

If it does get all too much for you and you cant get the stock kehine to work correctly then the mikuni is a very good alternative
i personally prefer the mikuni as it workes better in my atmospheric conditions i tend to get a lot of carb icing with the stock kehine on the big twins however my sportster runs very well on the stock carb perhaps thats due to it pulling less air through the carb so less air compression in the carb throat
However carbs do wear and at times can be very difficult to get to run correctly

Brian

Back