free website stats program Back To Sporty | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Back To Sporty

Sometimes when on some of the back roads around here where there aren't many cars i can feel my elbows bend as the heid comes closer to the tank as i slide across the seat with the knee on the inner side of the bend pushed right out and i can feel the bike come alive beneath me with the right hand ready to twist the throttle on the apex of the bend to pull the bike upright and charge on to the next bend as the eyes are quickly scanning the road ahead looking for the best line of attack into and out of the next bend

and i have a lot of work to do on the wifes car tomorrow and the forecast is for dry

Brian

Sometimes when on some of the back roads around here where there aren't many cars i can feel my elbows bend as the heid comes closer to the tank as i slide across the seat with the knee on the inner side of the bend pushed right out and i can feel the bike come alive beneath me with the right hand ready to twist the throttle on the apex of the bend to pull the bike upright and charge on to the next bend as the eyes are quickly scanning the road ahead looking for the best line of attack into and out of the next bend

and i have a lot of work to do on the wifes car tomorrow and the forecast is for dry

Brian
Fix the car now and ride Saturday:newsmile100:

It is dark out there and dog ain't much good at holding the torch straight keeps running off to chase wild beasts it is half time in the Scotland v Checz republic fitba (soccer) match and I'm on the third beer of the evening and cat has come in to lay next to me
think ill stay where i am for now

Brian

I just recently bought a '09 Nightster (orange/black) which is my first Harley. Yes, it's a Sportster. Did I wish I could have got something else? No, at 125 lbs, and the ability to flat foot it, it fits me perfect! You have to ride what you like.... and what you can handle!

I read this thread and just think..."--I never left...still like my 04 Sportster, three years later! Now about a 2nd bike...that would be a way to get "Back to Sporty..."...hmmm :newsmile040: :newsmile100:

I rode a 883 Sporty for a while before getting a 1200 which I loved. I then got the idea that I wanted to tour so traded in my Sporty on an Ultra Classic. Sadly after touring around the country a few times I have found that I am hardly ever using the bike. I weigh 70kg (154lb) and really struggle to move it around. City riding is a nightmare given it's width and bulk. So I've gone back to a Sporty and just ordered the 2011 1200 Custom. Going backwards - I don't think so. Choice is wonderful.

Tis a very interesting testimony. I hope your newest machine will be a mighty fine ride. I have never had a sporter...but hope to bag one someday. Again, thanks for sharing your story.:)

When I decided to buy a new bike in 2007 it was between the Sportster or a RK. After test rides I determined that both rides were nice; yeah different but nice. After careful consideration I chose the Sportster and have never regretted it. Kept the RK in mind for when I got tired of the XL. I'm not tired of it yet! Ride regularly with a RK and Thunder Mt. Softail and neither can pass me until I hit 4th gear. Probably be ready for the nicer ride of the RK eventually but only if I can keep both. Kind of like having a Corvette and a Cadillac in the garage.

I agree....nothing wrong with a 1200 Custom! I have a 1995 XLH 1200
that's my city bike. My 1995 Heritage is for the open road. Love them both!

Been taking a serious look at the Harley 48. Boy....it's hard to find
part numbers for that bike.

Back