free website stats program Back To Sporty | Harley Davidson Forums

Back To Sporty

phatch

I rode a 883 Sporty for a while before getting a 1200 which I loved. I then got the idea that I wanted to tour so traded in my Sporty on an Ultra Classic. Sadly after touring around the country a few times I have found that I am hardly ever using the bike. I weigh 70kg (154lb) and really struggle to move it around. City riding is a nightmare given it's width and bulk. So I've gone back to a Sporty and just ordered the 2011 1200 Custom. Going backwards - I don't think so. Choice is wonderful.

I think it is cool you know what you like, and you are able to get that.

Here is to riding what makes you happy :cheers

I had a 95, 883 rode it,,, then converted to 1200,,, went to the 1997 FXDS, then the 2000 FXDS, rode it for 9+years with many builds on both dynas.

The dyna's are as close to a sportster as it gets... Having only the 2000 FXDS when retiring from Work,I bought myself a Gift, A 06 (last year carbed) 1200 sport R.. Keeping the bigger bike for the longer trips,, so I thought..

Being located in Wa. then going to Az. for a house building experience(on-off 3 yrs), I kept the dyna in Wa. and sporty in Az...

The sporty saw Many states as I put on 38,000 miles.. I Just wanted a bike to ride to keep the miles Off my dyna.... Haw,,,,, really enjoy the sport bike , kept it stock "seat and suspension" but stage on, Python Exhaust and arleness Big Air.... Beautiful black with the diamond polished aluminum, A Real Head Turner!

Now that old Dyna finally gave up, While on a 2-up trip out, ending in Oregon...

Sturgis was a just over and the 2010 models were just in..
Worked a good trade at Cascade Harley in Bend Org. while waiting for the parts to get in (ups),,,,, Got the Last new 09 Roadking remaining on their floor...

MY, What a BIG Bike... Glad I kept My 06 sporty for the Short Rides.... Maybe

signed....BUBBIE

Not a thing wrong with Harleys longest running production model, Ride it and have fun:D

Wish I still had my 05 Sporty - miss that bike & will have another someday...when kids graduate college...:(

Love my Ultra but miss my 07 1200 Custom! Been looking at the new 883 Super low. Sure would be nice for around town!

Sportsters are the essential, pure, essence of motorcycling. I love 'em. Whenever someone made the tired old crack about it being a girls bike (invariably a poser who had never ridden one) I always answered, "Girls bike? would be if YOU rode it"

enjoy it!

Last edited:
Love my Ultra but miss my 07 1200 Custom! Been looking at the new 883 Super low. Sure would be nice for around town!

Sportsters are the essential, pure, essence of motorcycling. I love 'em. Whenever someone made the tired old crack about it being a girls bike (invariably a poser who had never ridden one) I always answered, "Girls bike? would be if YOU rode it"

enjoy it!

Not a girls bike, fastest lil bike stop light to stop light:D

Not a girls bike, fastest lil bike stop light to stop light:D

And really good fun on the twisties i have a flat stright bar on mine so weight is a bit to the front so i lean into the wind it will flick from one side to the other without trouble and is easy to push around
yes i like my sporty it was my first harley and for now im keeping it

Brian

And really good fun on the twisties i have a flat stright bar on mine so weight is a bit to the front so i lean into the wind it will flick from one side to the other without trouble and is easy to push around
yes i like my sporty it was my first harley and for now im keeping it

Brian

I bought a 88 candy cobalt blue one new and some one dared to say it was half a Harley LOL, well We raced NUFF said I miss that hot rod:p

Back