free website stats program back tire | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

back tire

My bike has been sitting up on my jack all winter and when I started it yesterday the back tire would spin very slowly in neutral, and with the clutch pulled in. I could put my hand on it and with very little pressure it would stop but when I let go it would start again. When I let the clutch out the tire started spinning with barely letting out a fraction of the clutch so I loosened the cable some even though it was adjusted to spec, but that did nothing. I ran it through a few gears on the jack, pumped the clutch a bunch of times thinking that maybe something is stuck from sitting for a while, but it didnt stop in the 20-25mins I had it running. Anybody know what this could be? the strangest part is that it does it even in neutral.
Don't worry about it, almost every bike will do the same without load on the back wheel. Even with the clutch pulled in there is a certain amount of drag between the plates,especially after being laid up they can become sticky(the oil between them can thicken). Drop it to the ground and run it in gear with the clutch pulled in and the brake on if you're experiencing any clutch drag. No need to adjust the cable(it was fine when you put it to bed)

Back