free website stats program Back tire replacement | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Back tire replacement

I don't really want to blast ESHD...but, when I was looking around for sissy bar options and backrests for my custom, the service folks there told me my only option was to go with a different seat and that a taller sissy bar would not work. Well I bought a twisted chrome sissy bar (HD) and it matched up perfectly to the stock one on the bike, also about 6 inches taller, I had a custom backrest made. So maybe you got the same guy I did. Good luck with P'cola HD. I see we ride some of the same roads!!

I don't really want to blast ESHD...but, when I was looking around for sissy bar options and backrests for my custom, the service folks there told me my only option was to go with a different seat and that a taller sissy bar would not work. Well I bought a twisted chrome sissy bar (HD) and it matched up perfectly to the stock one on the bike, also about 6 inches taller, I had a custom backrest made. So maybe you got the same guy I did. Good luck with P'cola HD. I see we ride some of the same roads!!
ESHD in the past has been very nice to me and good to take my bike to have serviced in the past . When I went in there about my bike ,there were SO many new faces I did not know . Maybe I just got a "newbie" there to work on my bike .Contacted Pensacola Harley this AM and told them of my problem and want to charge me $40 to take the wheel off and rebalance it .Have not decided what move i am going to make on this as of yet. And yes we do infact ride some of the same roads ,get up with me if U want to go for a ride sometime .

ESHD in the past has been very nice to me and good to take my bike to have serviced in the past . When I went in there about my bike ,there were SO many new faces I did not know . Maybe I just got a "newbie" there to work on my bike .Contacted Pensacola Harley this AM and told them of my problem and want to charge me $40 to take the wheel off and rebalance it .Have not decided what move i am going to make on this as of yet. And yes we do infact ride some of the same roads ,get up with me if U want to go for a ride sometime .

Is pensacola HD where the tire was bought and changed out, or is this another HD dealer??

(1) Is the rebalance Needed because They Left the spoke weights on?

(2) Or is it just to take off the ones they put on and glue on the new chrome ones...? By another dealer?

If the first (1), and it is the dealer Who put them on in the first place,,they should Not charge!

If for the second reason, the should Not need to do a rebalance,,,,, Just a Mark and swap-out. If you say you want it that way.... only :15 min and the weight cost.

JMO!

signed....BUBBIE

Rebels1

I try and do a trip to the FloraBama every so often, Pirates Cove sometimes, and places in between,, I'll give you a shout next time I'm heading your way, wish the rain would quit. Ride safe!!
gator

Back