free website stats program Back Suspension Of A Touring In Curves | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Back Suspension Of A Touring In Curves

I have added the True Track system to my '03 UC. I actually went for their "Tracula" package deal which includes the True Track missing link for the back of the tranny (oil tank), an upgraded front motor mount, bronze bushings, new isolators, replacement pivot shaft. With these up-grades, the bike does feel like it is on a rail. No more of that disconcerting mushy feeling in a turn, or even on the straight and narrow where you feel like the wind is knocking you around.

IMHO, the Glide-Pro upgrade is necessary, but not sufficient. You also need something to stabalized the rear of the engine/transmission like you have on the front of the engine, and at the top of the engine. Otherwise, the swing arm is able to flex left and right giving you that uncomfortable feeling. There are a number of other alternatives that the folks here have suggested aside from True Track. I just like the package deal they had that included what I have listed.

TQ

Hey, if you don't mind sharing, how much did that whole package cost you? Did you install everything yourself or have them do it? How hard was it and how long did it take, if you did it?

Thanks!

I like the idea of adding the Glide-Pro setup in addition to my existing Alloy Art Touring XR Stabilizer. I would think this would give you awesome stability. Oh well, whats another $300 or so. I was running out of things to do on my bike..

I've put almost 30K miles on my 06 EGC, backroads, highways, freeways even gravel country roads (they suck!), two up and solo. Before that I rode 75K on the 95 Ultra. Never noticed this phenomonon. I keeping my head stuck in the sand and using the $400 for "go fast" chrome.

Hey, if you don't mind sharing, how much did that whole package cost you? Did you install everything yourself or have them do it? How hard was it and how long did it take, if you did it?

Thanks!

Here is the True Track URL to their price list page. You will need the stuff for your bike, and can start with just the True Track missing link or equivalent if funds are tight:

TRUE-TRACK PURCHASE

The 20-75L Trackula Touring set for my bike ('03 UC) is $799. They pick up the shipping. In addition, I did buy the cross member straightener for another 40 bucks since mine had been whack on enough curbs to need straightening!!

Did all the work myself. Took a few hours since I had to remove the swing arm (don't forget to support the tranny before you remove the pivot shaft!!) and also replaced the front engine support. The biggest hassle for me was pressing the bushing setup out of the swing arm and the new bronze bushings back in. I do not have a press, and had to improvize on this.

If you do your own work anyway, this will not be a biggy for you. If you don't, you might find a friend that works on his/her own bike to give you a hand. It is actually a pretty fun project. By the way, use Locktite (blue).

Good luck.

TQ

I was told the way to check it was to raise your butt about an inch off the seat and shift your weight (throw your butt) to each side very quickly. I tried that and the bike seemed very unstable. I installed the "Missing Link" TWR and now the bike is like it's on rails.

The 2009 touring models have a different frame, different attachment of the swing arm, and an additional link (four instead of three). The Motor Company knew there was something wrong with the rubber mounted swing arm. Now, they've fixed it.

The 2009 touring models have a different frame, different attachment of the swing arm, and an additional link (four instead of three). The Motor Company knew there was something wrong with the rubber mounted swing arm. Now, hey've fixed it.

And it only took 30 years! Glad I waited!
Now, if only there were a decent color RKC being produced!

i hate that feeling of "the flat tire"seems it gets worse with more weight.turning and when coming to a stop ...low speed.feels like the rear tire is almost flat and since i had a flat in the begining of this year it gets a little scary thinking that your getting one but after cking it (air pressure and swing arm)everything is fine .got to save up for that true trac hope it helps.

I really felt it on the long trip this weekend.. ill save up for one or the other systems and installed it and be able to tell ya how it differed as this is a strech i will ride a lot as it is the easiest to get to my cabin that way

I really felt it on the long trip this weekend.. ill save up for one or the other systems and installed it and be able to tell ya how it differed as this is a strech i will ride a lot as it is the easiest to get to my cabin that way

Bud, your feedback will be for sure appreciated!.

Right now, and after a deep investigation on this matter (all pros and cons), I have two finalists:

1) Art Alloy

2) Missed Link

I have to confes that I'm getting more and more attracted for the last one. Once I make my final choose, will write my experience too.

Cheers,

Im thinking on the missing link also no loss of ground clearance and here in michigan we are know for rough roads and pot holes ..

More info i didnt add earlier as i was getting ready to eat

Today i had it Scare the heck out of me 3 times while taking a long corner on the Expressway at 70 .. My dad was following me and asked me at the first gas stop if something was loose as he could see it wobble .. in the corners ... straights 95% was fine shifting lanes she would wobble that dreaded flat tire feel ..

Back