free website stats program Back Suspension Of A Touring In Curves | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Back Suspension Of A Touring In Curves

I've felt it, feels a lot like when you lean that knobby tired dirt bike over where your riding on the side knobbys of the tire, a little squirrely. I've ground the pegs on every bike I've ever owned. Never had the bike lose control, just disconcerting. I'll be adding something this winter as well as upgrading the front forks.

i think weight of the rider has a lot to do with it to 3 of us ride touring bikes 2 electra glides and my road king.. the 2 bigger guys which i am the biggest feel it our pal who is 200 cannot .. i have not rode his 04 to see if it is different than mine in ride but the other heavy fellow with the 05 feels it to he turned me onto the true trac wondering what i thought.

Thank you very much all you guys. Glider, it seems that the glide-pro is a great product; I loved their guarantee of santisfaction or money back!

I think will try this last one!

There's also other units that will do the same thing.

TRUE-TRACK End

I think this would work well being the rear swing arm is bolted to the frame and not the trans like other models.

Glide-Pro Home

I with you Doc. And I ride mine a bit hard from ytime to time even two

Smitty and Dr. Doolittle, so glad you are not feeling this steering! any way, maybe, just maybe, is that you are so familiarized to this; believe me: you can feel it when you just coming back from driving a sporster 1200 hitting the road 1400 miles per month.

Dr. Doolittle, so glad you are not feeling this steering! any way, maybe, just maybe, is that you are so familiarized to this; believe me: you can feel it when you just coming back from driving a sporster 1200 hitting the road 1400 miles per month.

Interesting theory but I came directly from a 1200 Sporty to my current SG and I still haven't felt the "wobble" yet. Mostly I think it's because I'm not a very aggressive rider. I simply enjoy cruising more than attacking the road. Part of the reason I switched bikes after 11 months!

Let us know how you like whichever stabilizer you decide to put on, OK?

Interesting theory but I came directly from a 1200 Sporty to my current SG and I still haven't felt the "wobble" yet. Mostly I think it's because I'm not a very aggressive rider. I simply enjoy cruising more than attacking the road. Part of the reason I switched bikes after 11 months!

Let us know how you like whichever stabilizer you decide to put on, OK?

You don't have to drive aggressively to feel it. Normal driving up the turnpike at 70 MPH with passenger on back would be enough to feel it. It felt like tire was going flat. I think the fact that I weigh a lot and carry passenger might have contributed to this feeling but the stabilizer I put on has definately improved the ride and stopped the wobble. ( even though people think it don't work because of where it is mounted) Also, this setup lets the engine move the way it is designed to from the factory.

I do also like the Glide-Pro setup and think in future I might try this as I did want to install a center stand and the stabilizer I am using makes this installation impossible.

my $.03 worth :D

You don't have to drive aggressively to feel it. Normal driving up the turnpike at 70 MPH with passenger on back would be enough to feel it. It felt like tire was going flat. I think the fact that I weigh a lot and carry passenger might have contributed to this feeling but the stabilizer I put on has definately improved the ride and stopped the wobble. ( even though people think it don't work because of where it is mounted) Also, this setup lets the engine move the way it is designed to from the factory.

I do also like the Glide-Pro setup and think in future I might try this as I did want to install a center stand and the stabilizer I am using makes this installation impossible.

my $.03 worth :D

Now I'm a bit confused, but that's nothing new around here. I was under the impression that the dreaded "wobble" happened when you entered a sweeping turn at a high rate of speed. Perhaps a combination of the speed, lean angle, and rolling on the throttle. You're saying you get it going in a straight line but at freeway speeds? Only when two up or solo, too? I weigh 235 myself so I should be feeling this, right?
Like I said, I'm more than a little confused right now!

Now I'm a bit confused, but that's nothing new around here. I was under the impression that the dreaded "wobble" happened when you entered a sweeping turn at a high rate of speed. Perhaps a combination of the speed, lean angle, and rolling on the throttle. You're saying you get it going in a straight line but at freeway speeds? Only when two up or solo, too? I weigh 235 myself so I should be feeling this, right?
Like I said, I'm more than a little confused right now!

Not for me i cant take a easy corner 55mph and feel it wobble . at 70 i can feel it in a straight line.. i weigh 325 trust me you will know it when you have it its that sicking flat tire feel this is all solo for me .. I dont ride aggressive by anymeans other than hard accel from a light .. i dont try to scrape the floor boars or anything like that... i just bought it to cruise no

Not for me i cant take a easy corner 55mph and feel it wobble . at 70 i can feel it in a straight line.. i weigh 325 trust me you will know it when you have it its that sicking flat tire feel this is all solo for me .. I dont ride aggressive by anymeans other than hard accel from a light .. i dont try to scrape the floor boars or anything like that... i just bought it to cruise no

Ditto, Exactly

I also ditto 100%.

(btw, I dont ride agressivly)

Hello all,

I just traded my XL-50 for a Street Glide 06. So far I'm very pleased on becoming a bagger.

Very, very confortable and the style goes too far; the wife is now smiling when she rides as passenger.

Anyway, I'm feeling that the back wheel is a kind of unstable or loosed (on curves and dribling at low speeds). I heared this is a common and normal sensation in this scoot; is this right????.

Pleas note that I had already adjusted on different inflation rates on the rear shocks (also tires!)

Thanks!

I have added the True Track system to my '03 UC. I actually went for their "Tracula" package deal which includes the True Track missing link for the back of the tranny (oil tank), an upgraded front motor mount, bronze bushings, new isolators, replacement pivot shaft. With these up-grades, the bike does feel like it is on a rail. No more of that disconcerting mushy feeling in a turn, or even on the straight and narrow where you feel like the wind is knocking you around.

IMHO, the Glide-Pro upgrade is necessary, but not sufficient. You also need something to stabalized the rear of the engine/transmission like you have on the front of the engine, and at the top of the engine. Otherwise, the swing arm is able to flex left and right giving you that uncomfortable feeling. There are a number of other alternatives that the folks here have suggested aside from True Track. I just like the package deal they had that included what I have listed.

TQ

Last edited:
Back