free website stats program Back rest installation- need advice. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Back rest installation- need advice.

Gator508.

Thanks for the advice. Will try the dental floss tonight (on the bike). Had to ask- regular or peppermint (bad joke).

Best,

Titu.

+1 on heating up the reflector and using dental floss or fishing line to get it off. I cleaned mine up with goo-b-gone and then waxed the fender real good.

I had the same issue on my FXDL getting the bolt out. After you remove the front bolt, loosen and remove the turn signal, and then before you push the bolt out to the point it hits the tire...pull the inner fender strut loose. At that point you will be able to tilt the fender strut and bolt upwards to get the bolt out of the way. It saves the trouble of airing down the tire and/or jacking up the bike. Make sure that you only do one side at a time.

Thanks to all the tips- just finished the installation. Worked out very well after taking the rear tire air out, hair dryer and the dental floss.

Again, my sincere thanks to all. Now have to repeat the process on the Mrs. AirHog scoot.

Titu

Back