free website stats program back rest docking hardware install | Harley Davidson Forums

back rest docking hardware install

jimdirt

I have a 98 road king and cant seem to figure out the install on the back rest docking hardware. The instructions that come from Harley are really hard to understand. Any suggestions or advice?

what is the last 2 digits of the part number. if it is a new part in the last couple year it may not fit....but i am sure someone how know more than me will be around shortly

seems i remember 99-06 being the same, dont know why 98 would be any different. the instructions more than likely read hard and make you overthink the task at hand. look at the picture, then hold the backrest up where it goes and see if it makes more sense. i know when i put the quik-detach backrest on my 01 king, i had a bag of extra parts because the parts bag is universal and contained parts for the quick detach on an ultra tour pack....at least the kit i had did....

According to P&A catalog he has the right part.

Attachments

• -J03705.pdf
    671.1 KB · Views: 37
OK.....I am in the process of TRYING to get this installed right......I have the instructions and cant get it right....they want a huge space for the rear bag mount but nothing for the front it makes a HUGE gap between the bag and fender and the bag sit cock eyed....can someone PLEASE take some pics of their set up.....mine is an '02 RoadKing but I thing anything will help me.

Back