free website stats program Back on the road | Harley Davidson Forums

Back on the road

stevec314

Finally I fixed my broken clamp bolts on my Ultra. OK OK OK I am going to admit it. I went to HD got the bolt I needed, I also got an extra knowing how I am. Bought a new torque wrench and ..... I DID IT AGAIN!!!!! this time is was the other bolt!!! Fortunately being familiar with the routine I had the broken one out in about 5 minutes easy. It also helps to know how to use this diffferent type of torque wrench which I quickly learned. So I left the car keys on the counter and headed back to work. 80 degrees and sunny there was only one way for me. Was a little paranoid but it made the 15 mile trip no problem.

Finally I fixed my broken clamp bolts on my Ultra. OK OK OK I am going to admit it. I went to HD got the bolt I needed, I also got an extra knowing how I am. Bought a new torque wrench and ..... I DID IT AGAIN!!!!! this time is was the other bolt!!! Fortunately being familiar with the routine I had the broken one out in about 5 minutes easy. It also helps to know how to use this diffferent type of torque wrench which I quickly learned. So I left the car keys on the counter and headed back to work. 80 degrees and sunny there was only one way for me. Was a little paranoid but it made the 15 mile trip no problem.

Way to go steve!!! Sounds like your on your way and I hope you enjoyed the ride!!!! :hii

Good for you, glad you got it fixed. Don't understand why the second one broke. Was the torque wrench set properly?

Back