Back Lower Trunk Pushbutton Tough To Use.

Discussion in 'Trikes' started by Hawgit, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Hawgit

Hawgit Member

Hey all. I got another problem with my 2013 Tri-Glide.
    The back lower trunk pushbutton is getting worse on opening the trunk. When I first got it, it was hard to push, but the trunk would open. Every day it gets tougher to open or lock it. Last night I had a doggy bag of fried fish from the local restaurant. It was tough getting it open to place the fish inside. When I got home, I could not get it open. After about an hour of messing with it, it finally opened. That would have been a stinking mess!
    Is there an adjustment? Or possibly lube it up?

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Check your owners manual first for lubrication, if you cannot find what you need I would swing in to the local dealer and have them take a look, this maybe a warranty issue:s

3. Rydit

Rydit Member

I'm with Jack...try a lubricant first. Im not picky so I'd hit it with PB.....you may want to try a dry silicon or graphite, hit the body and the lock...work it a few times and see what happens. I do t recall any adjustment on my bags or tour pack on the dresser.

Also....make sure nothing is interfering with the operation of the lock....as i trunk liner, etc.
    [​IMG]

4. Hawgit

Hawgit Member

I don't know why I didn't try and lube the (EDIT) thing to begin with. That's all it took. A small squirt of waterproof silicon spray did the trick. It works like new! I feel like a (EDIT) idiot!
    Thanks Guys.

Please read this...
    [note]
    HDTalking Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community
    [/note]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2013
  5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

[​IMG] Here is a picture of an 011 set up, I would lube ALL moving parts as part of normal maintenance , I understand they have had seal problems with the trunks already

6. Hawgit

Hawgit Member

Thanks Jack. That is going to help.

7. bullet 10

bullet 10 Member

Lub it,

8. bullet 10

bullet 10 Member

Your gas fill button will need LUB also,