free website stats program Back from Sturgis | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Back from Sturgis

You might want to "Try the Way I Go",,, You can head from California, straight up to Washington state. Heading for Clarkston-Lewiston into Idaho,,,, Up Lolo and over a Pass, BEAUTIFUL canyon (cooler temps.)all the way into Montana... heading thru Missoula and Helena and UP Above inner-state 90 is the OLD highway that takes you straight into South Dakota(20? 212?) goes into Bell F.. So. Dakota,,, ending up Right above Sturgis........ I find the old Mom and Pops motels on That Above highway at around 40$ and Less a night OR you'll find plenty of open camping along that way.. I Hate the Major Highways:lero and that Route will by-passes them..

signed....BUBBIE

Look at Your map and see that Route... NICE!

Thanks, Bubbie. I'll look into that route.

Our trip ended with 2449 miles , This time I think I saw more pullers broke down than my other 2 trips to Sturgis, worst was the motorhome that had rear dif. removed about 100 miles west of Speerfish, just left sitting on the side of the hiway on jack stands, trailer still hooked up and the bikes on it. Still think it is funny watching others pulling off the highway and unloading the bikes so they can ride the last 50 miles. We had a great time, came back through Yellowstone, via 14a, and into the east gate. Very good ride if you have the chance, exited the south gate than over 22 and in to Idaho Falls, from there 15 north back to I90 to Spokane. We were able to miss all the bad weather by going arround it but the ride was very good.

Just got back this afternoon. Ft. Lauderdale, FL to Sturgis and back, 23 days, 5500 miles. We didn't push any envelopes or set any speed records, no night riding, quit for the day when it rained too hard and took a lot of detours just to see what was around the next corner, Man, what a great trip!

Last edited:
Congrat's on the trip.

I rode a Honda 750 Magna from Cincinnati Ohio to Sturgis and back in 2000 and bought the same type of patch. I felt I earned the patch. Sorry I can't remember the miles but it was well worth it. I like the bragging points it gets you. Next time I hope to ride a bigger bike.
Cincy

Back