free website stats program Back from Sturgis | Harley Davidson Forums

Back from Sturgis

Gezzer Glide

Contributor
2800 miles round trip by myself...7 days on the road...Push thru 500,000 drunk and roudy people...Just to buy a $10 patch......Priceless
A4AE0409AE.jpg

Will do it again next year.:D

2800 miles round trip by myself...7 days on the road...Push thru 500,000 drunk and roudy people...Just to buy a $10 patch......Priceless
A4AE0409AE.jpg

Will do it again next year.:D

You could change it around a bit.... Push through 500,000 rowdy people for a patch.. $10. Seven days and 2,800 miles on the road alone....... PRICELESS!:s

pretty kewl Gezzer - a man can do a lot of thinking traveling solo on a trip like that. Glad u made it back safe.

I went out the week before. Had the roads to ourselves. Quiet nights good sleep. Prices hadn't been raised yet. Got my patch and had it sewn on for $10.00. Left just before the rowdys showed up and went to Denver to see my sister. Rode her home with no issues or close calls. Just a great trip, nice people and a very good time. Total milage 6492 miles. My new bike ( bought her in May) just turned 11,000 miles and I love it

Please accept my sincere thanks for stimulating the economy of South Dakota... :p

Still can't believe how much they jack the prices up for everything during rally week.

You the man. I'm jealous. I heard projected numbers are that the Rally was up 18% from last year.
That's a good sign.
WAP.gif

I rode to Sturgis on my '86 FXRS from Los Angeles, in 1989. I was a bit younger then! Took 2 wks; 3 days getting there, a week there, another week coming across the Pacific Northwest and down through Washington, Oregon, and Calif. Wonderful trip. I'd love to do it again, but I don't know if I'm up to that long on the road.
I'm going to Idaho in a couple of weeks (on an 06 Softail Heritage); we'll see how that goes.

We just got back last night, but we left Portland Or, on July 31, Loged over 3,700 miles
camped out of our aspen tent trailer,
We tryed to take all the back roads Stay off the Hyways
Very nice time, Sturgis was a little hard on the clutch hand

Back