free website stats program Back Fire issue. | Harley Davidson Forums

Back Fire issue.

82ndJumper

My 2006 FLHRI is back firing. I got the bike used with 12292 miles. when the bike was new the the 1st owner had a 95" kit from HD put in. When I went out for the first ride on the freeway it started to back fire. I had a TTS tuner put in and Vance and Hines exhaust put on. Well it still back fires. My mechanic is going to adjust the tuner. Some people also told me to put on true dual exhaust and that should take care of it, also I was told when they did the 95" kit they may not have dont the cams and might be to small of cams. any thoughts on this?

I have the oval slip on mufflers. What type of fuel injector cleaner do I use. is it the same injector cleaner that I would use for a car?

Check for both intake and exhaust leaks. These can be intermittent which is REALLY frustrating. See the Self-help sections for some suggested procedures.

TQ

Just went through the same problem with my 05 Ultra Classic, are you noticing it on decell, on mine, when on the highway when rpm would drop down to about 2100 rpm, it would pop, and I mean loud. It took a long time to get mine fixed, the dealer said nothing was wrong but the bike came back and does not do it anymore.

Ok So I will check for intake and exhaust leaks. Run some Sea Foam in fuel system. Thanks for the info. I will let you all know what happens.

Just went through the same problem with my 05 Ultra Classic, are you noticing it on decell, on mine, when on the highway when rpm would drop down to about 2100 rpm, it would pop, and I mean loud. It took a long time to get mine fixed, the dealer said nothing was wrong but the bike came back and does not do it anymore.

What was wrong?

Porter, do not really know, the dealer never owned up to it, but I have my suspicions that it was in the IAC, I think that they cleaned it, but I went ahead and replaced it. I really wish I knew but unfortunately we had been going back and forth, I was persistent and they finally got it, but I have my salesman trying to figure it out for me. But I will probably never know.

Checked everything I could. So me and my mechanic retuned it and now all I have is some small gurgling on decel. We spent some time on it so I am happy with it. Thanks for everyones help.

Back