free website stats program Back Cylinder Not Firing ! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Back Cylinder Not Firing !

The bike is still on the table. But both cyl are firing.

Call Dynojet Tech Support and tell them the story. See what they say:

Physical Address:
Dynojet Research Inc.
2191 Mendenhall Drive
North Las Vegas, NV 89081 (USA)
Local Telephone # :
+1-702-399-1423
Toll Free:
800-992-4993 (USA only)

The warranty is only for a year, and only to the original registered user. So if you bought the bike with it on it, you are probably out of luck.

If you need a replacement for the PC, check out the info on this site about the Dobeck TFI. Simple user-friendly fueler. Will allow you to add a bit more fuel here and there to richen it up and improve the ride. Might be all you really need.

TQ

Check the warranty on the pc and if it's exp. call dyna jet and complain, they are good folks and for pr sake they might make good on it or let you have new one at cost, if you've been happy with it in the past. Otherwise I really recommend the super tuner with just the stage two (race) calibration downloaded, no dyno unless you really need a fine tune. Race meaning not street legal the same as your pc cal. was. Most people on this forum I think run the TFI fueler and there is great support for it here, it would be a very cost effective way to go, but it piggy backs the system like the pc, is my only complaint. Good luck

I had a pcIII on my '07 Heritage and neither cylinder would fire.This was out in the middle of nowhere and I had my wife on the back with me.After about 30 mins.of checking and worrying about what could be wrong I disconnected the pcIII and the bike fired.We made it safely home.I returned the pcIII and Dyna Jet replaced the faulty unit with no questions asked.It was purchased from Fuel Moto who gives a 2 year warranty.Bottom line...it's still in the box in my garage and will NEVER be installed on any bike I own.On my '09 I decided to go with the Harley SERT and couldn't be happier1

If you do fix or replace the pc, I have never installed a pc on a softail but but when ever a touring model came into our shop with a pc I always install had the tech install a rubber ECM boot that came stock on MAGNETTI MARELLI models (96-01) on the conection where the two harness plug together for the pc. Touring models mounted under the side cover and riding in rain or washing, water could possibly get in the conection, and it just takes a drop to fry the ECM, the boot was cheap insurance.

Thank all of you for the help, the pc is over a year old about 4 I suppose. I contacted them by email and waiting on reply. I looked at their FAQ and a problem close to mine said that it is probably a cut or frayed wire.. ? All look good to me.
When 95" kit was put on in in 06 no problems, when V&H pipes were added had to install pc and dyno it. Hope I can get this pc fixed. yes Hoople the ECM would have been a serious eclipse.. the stars are in alignment !

I always install had the tech install a rubber ECM boot that came stock on MAGNETTI MARELLI models (96-01) on the conection where the two harness plug together for the pc. Touring models mounted under the side cover and riding in rain or washing, water could possibly get in the conection, and it just takes a drop to fry the ECM, the boot was cheap insurance.

That's a GREAT tip Chopper. Any Water getting inside those sockets would be the Kiss of Death.:s

Back