free website stats program Axtell Bypass | Harley Davidson Forums

Axtell Bypass

propflux01

I have been searching amongst several forums on this system, but haven't seen any long term reports as to how it's working out. A couple questions I have been pondering is

1. Has it lowered measured temps in the oil?
2. Has it affected the scavenging (sumping) of the engine?
3. Has is reduced or eliminated excessive valvetrain noise?
4. Has it maintained oil pressure over extended run times?
5. would you recommend it, if so, for what builds? All or just certain engine sizes?

Please chime in with your experiences.

This is an intersting part, makes me wonder why once again the MOCO leaves it up to the after market to correct a problem like this, I guess their R &D departments funds are not as deep as years past:s

Guess they figure we have money in ours to offset anything they would spend to actually do things better.

Love the bike, hate the company!

1. No, not the design intent.
2. Ditto #1
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes, worth the price for any motor from stock to whatever .
WAP.gif

Purchased and installed the bypass. Cranked engine, at idle cold, oil pressure went to 60PSI. After about 5 minutes of idle, pressure went down to 35PSI. after about 15 minutes of running, Oil was 35PSI at idle, and 45PSI at 2000, and 3000, RPM. I have to wait a few for warmer weather to test it on extended run.

I was concerned about the 60PSI at cold idle, Don't want to be blowing seals or anything. I wrote Axtell about it and awaiting response from them.

I was concerned about the 60PSI at cold idle, Don't want to be blowing seals or anything. I wrote Axtell about it and awaiting response from them.

No issues with 60psi at cold idle; no seals are going to blow and it is normal to see the guauge peg at cold idle with the bypass. Should see 18-25 psi at hot idle and about 45psi at cruise.

If you have questions, call Chaz at Axtell.

Don't get confused on oil pressure and oil flow...higher oil pressure does not mean more oil flow. Remember that the Axtell bypass was not brought to market for pressure; its purpose is to dump bypass else where besides inlet of pump.

Dolt:

Do you think this is a part that we should install on stock motors, or just leave well enough alone??? In other words, does the cost and time to install justify the benefits we might receive from it??? $85 for just a little valve seems pretty high to me, but if it protects my motor better, it's worth it.

Thanks

Back