Axle or Bearing situation ?

Discussion in 'Wheels' started by PERKE, Dec 25, 2012.

1. PERKE

PERKE Member

I need two 1"axle diameter front rim hub bearing with a outside dimension of 1.781 is this possible? I have a 08 FXSTBI and an aftermarket rim, my axle is a 1" the bearings in the front rim im trying to put on are 3/4 if I could get a bearing 1" axle and 1.781 outside diameter.This would solve my problem.I have tried the a 3/4 axle but some venders would not give me any decent dimensions.I have all the dimensions too.any Info would be greatly appreciated.thank you and Merry Christmas.

======================================================

HI I have an aftermarket aluminum rim with 3/4 axle bearings. I have a 1"axle on my 2008 night train.The bearing holes are 1.781=45.237mm Does anyone make a bearing 25mmx45.237x12-15mm??????? so that I can install it on my night train. I have all the axle dimensions.nothing seems to posibly cross if I was to go to a 3/4 axle.Thanks for any help H.D talking

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2012
  2. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Not that I can find. That is an odd OD size for a ball bearing. I bet that aftermarket rim accepts a taper roller wheel bearing and not a ball bearing. You can get a taper roller bearing in a 45.237 OD. but don't see any ball bearings in that size.

(LM12749/LM12710 Taper Roller Wheel bearing 21.986x45.237x15.494. But as you can see your .7500" axle won't work)

I would first check with the aftermarket rim company to see if the wheel hub was machined for a taper roller bearing. My guess is that it was. See if you can find it's intended make of bike. That would answer the entire puzzle.

3. PERKE

PERKE Member

Well im going the bearing route, went to the H . shop got the bearings can you guess where thay were made? $22.32 each Korea,I was disapointed when I saw this on the outer wrapper,There was someone on _ bay saying these original bearings that thay had were the real thing.USA made I guess.Thay said dont settle on imposters that are lower quality.Korea Japan Tiwan China,No problem Im over it.Bought em yesterday.Just accept and move on.The thing I wanted most was to keep the money here in my town.Did this really happen?Blue printed in USA is all the Harley is..... Im not Really :small3d029:with this.Have a great day!40.000 miles on my FXSTBI I STILL LOVE IT !!!!!

4. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

It's as if a few posts are missing. No clue as to outcome. What does where the bearing is made have anything to do with the original question.