free website stats program Axle nut torque adapter | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Axle nut torque adapter

36MM I believe will do it, may get by with 1 1/2" socket.

Thanks Glider. Man that is huge. The dang 1 3/8 socket I got tonight was a 3/4 drive. I had to get an adapter. Am I going to run into a problem with the Rear Brake Caliper? Man I love doing my own work. At least I know it will be done right. I got the mufflers off on both sides. They came off really easy. Some one told me while I had the off to drill a hole thru it to give it more sound. Problem is, I don't have any type of Fuel Mapping device, and actually....I like the gas mileage I am getting.

There's not much room if you are removing the wheel.Best done with 4 hands if you are removing the wheel, much easier. The brake caliper hits the rin when you are removing it but with 4 hands you can sneak it out if you are careful. Worse case scenario, remove the caliper.

Leave the mufflers alone. When you drill them it's only louder and not a nice sound at that, save them for when the EPA police come after you :D

Thanks Glider, You know I did not read that in the Service Manual. I have the Harley Service Manual for the 05 Electra Glide FLH. I got the front wheel off, but I had to remove the front calipers to get it off. I have a bad feeling, I am going to have to remove the fender to get it back on. I don't know.

You'll find LOTS of imported parts on the Harleys.

So Glider...Are you saying that the 36MM would be a better fit? Because we are looking at .08268 difference between the two sizes.

1 1/2 = 1.500
36MM = 1.4173228346457

I would rather the better fitment than have a socket round off the cone nut on the axle.

The 36 MM should be the proper fit, in a case where the 1 1/2" was available and not the 36MM, that would work too but not a great fit.

I think I saw one of those at Sears last night. I was under the impression that all the nuts and bolts on a Harley were Standard American Threads. Guess not.

If you are not in a hurry...

Posse 36mm Rear Axle Nut Wrench

i1825_pitposse202069634418.jpeg

SteveB,

Hmm. Seems like overkill. I suspect your '07 is the same as my '03 with respect to the rear axle. I use a 36mm 1/2" drive socket (12 pt.) on a 6" extension with a breaker bar on the left and same with a torque wrench on the right. Works fine. I do loosen the slip-on bracket on both side for a little extra room, but that may not be necessary on your bike. Just MHO.

TQ

Back