free website stats program Awaiting the New 2014 Road King | Harley Davidson Forums

Awaiting the New 2014 Road King

Forgiven

I am still waiting for my on-order 2014 Road King. This is becoming the longest 6-weeks of my life. lol The current ETA is March 26th. I'd like to hear what you like, what I should be cautious about, what your experience was at the dealer, etc. Thanks!

Waiting for a bike to come in and having a newly acquired bike sit in the garage waiting on the weather all are torture. Hang in there.

I have been loving my 2014 roadking I can not find any problems or anything I do not like about it...it is a strong runner

Just curious, but why did you have to order one and wait 6 weeks??? Are there no dealers in your area that have one in stock that you liked??? All the dealers in our area have lots of '14's in stock, but they do seem to be moving pretty fast. Out the door and on the road :D

Good question. Being a resident of California means I do not have the option of buying new from out of state and bringing it into California, due to California emissions laws. The exact options I wanted were not available at any dealer within California. My dealer found one that was very close, but not an exact match. Therefore, I had to order my bike to be red, have ABS brakes, security, and the standard wheels. I know that is probably picky, but this has been a 20 year plus dream of mine, so was just wanted what I wanted. But now I have to wait. Good things come to those who wait; Patience is a virtue; etc. etc.etc. lol

Hillbilly81, It sounds like you are having a blast! How long have you have yours and how many miles do you have now?

wazzle, I see your point. I have a comparatively short wait. am grateful I do not have to wait through a winter in Southern California.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgiven I got my road king at the end of January we had snow on the ground when I bought it been trying to ride when I can, have 300 miles on it now

I got Mine after Thanksgiving,snow on the ground.18 miles on bike.Waiting for Bike Week in 2 weeks to ride.
Make sure You get 1000 mile service thrown in with the deal.:)

COOL Winter is the Easiest on the Break-In... for the Bike BUT not the Body...lol

Cool IS what Cool Does.....:shock

signed....BUBBIE

Good for you. You'd never be satisfied with anything less than exactly what you wanted. When I got my 2010 Road King, I was the same way. Finally found what I was looking for, but when I got there it had spoke wheels. Change the wheels and I'll take it. They did and I took it. I got just what I wanted, and 35,000 miles later, it's still the best bike I've ever owned. I've never been sorry for waiting till I found what I wanted.

Back