free website stats program Avoiding footpeg scraping | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Avoiding footpeg scraping

wow i ride like a looney and have yet to touch my pegs down i have the black diamond pegs also and i have the bike lowered, maybe i take my corners differently

Probably your "refined" riding style, using natural riding instinct to compensate for various bike' limits you ride and plenty of experience you have under your belt. Likely you also "set-up" for turns early, settle-ing the bikes' suspension and cornering speed prior to "diving" deep into a turn. Likely you "hang off" naturally, standing the bike up more so more clearance is available, due to your pro-active "propensity" for sport riding at warp(ed) speed...:newsmile036: Nothing wrong with "spirited riding." Sides, once you bevel everything underneath, what else is there to drag?

Sometimes I get a little sporty and grinded a nice angle on it saw the sporster ones with wear pegs, they fit rite on even got extra pegs, now the stainless leaves sparks at nite

wow i ride like a looney and have yet to touch my pegs down i have the black diamond pegs also and i have the bike lowered, maybe i take my corners differently

You probably corner differently. There's more than one arc through any corner at the same speed. Someone who shortens their radius will drag parts way before someone who knows how to extend the radius of any curve.

My 02 wide glide dragged on most corners with 2-up so I got the 1/2" longer-than-stock progressives and their stock springs (which are about 10-15lbs per side stiffer than stock harley springs) and now I really have to get aggressive to scrape the pipes, I still can drag them but I have to work at it even with 2-up, and the ride is waaaaay better than the stock shocks could provide

I was having a problem on dragging through the corners at advance riding class and was told to counter balance more. So I tried it and I didn't scrap anymore . . . with a little practice. I also was able to hold the corner a bit faster to boot! Also, if you are cornering going down hill, brake and power at same time will keep hight of bike up.

Also...while I'm talking, proper cornering with a bit of power through the corner will keep the bike a bit higher. (any braking before you hit the corner) Many will let off the throttle just a tad through a corner and the bike will transfer the weight and lower the bike letting the floorboards scrap. Give it try, it will let ya corner faster and no scrapping. I do it pretty much automatically now, but again practice and correct procedure will do you right.
Ugly John

Back