free website stats program Avoid being rearended | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Avoid being rearended

This is indeed a Great Loss for his family & the community as I've heard tributes to him on 91.9 Christian radio today. All the things mentioned to keep this from happening are Valid, & I have incorporated many of these things on my bike in addition to watching my rear view mirror at stop lights.
But the most important thing to do is be ready for that day when it comes, be it on the bike or some other means, because ladies & gentlemen unless the Lord comes soon that day is going to be upon all of us. I myself am not going to be afraid to ride. Some of my favorite times of "Talking" with God are on my bike. Thank-You for hearing me out...

Harryb

Who are you ordering them from?

Bodeen

You can order them direct on line at their web site. I have searched and searched but can't find them for a dime off List price. The BAL-1 is $199.00 and the BAL-2 is $439.00.
The BAL-2 is absolutely blinding in wide open mode. One hit off this baby and your night vision is shot for the next 6 hours. You can kick it back a notch but I won't be doing that. I would rather get a ticket than get nailed by a yo-yo on a cell phone in a cage.

If anyone out there has seen them for less, plz let me know.

I too had a close encounter of the worst kind a few years back. I installed a flasher LED Tail light from BADASSLIGHTS.com It's the kind you just unplug the standard tail light and plug this one in. It comes with security screws to prevent theft.
http://www.brightasslights.com/videos/bal-2_webvideo1.wmv
Now I have a new 2010 FLHX and the flasher doesn't fit. I'd sell it to anyone on this website for $180.00. If interested PM me.

I have flashers and spinners on both bikes. I learned in the Motorcycle Safety course that you never pull up directly behind a car, always off to the side and watch behind you. I have pulled up between cars several times instead of being hit from behind. Heard the same thing each time "Sorry I Didn't See You". My response is the same, would you like to be explaining to my wife and kids how you killed me?

Sorry to hear this and I didn't read the news report but I have to say if the SUV hit him and pushed him into the car in front of him I don't think any kind of lights on his bike would have helped. sounds like, to me, the suv driver would have hit the car in front of him anyway, just his bad luck he was there.

Sorry to hear this and I didn't read the news report but I have to say if the SUV hit him and pushed him into the car in front of him I don't think any kind of lights on his bike would have helped. sounds like, to me, the suv driver would have hit the car in front of him anyway, just his bad luck he was there.

My point exactly. Don't but yourself in this position to begin with. My condolences to his family and friends.

I have flashers and spinners on both bikes. I learned in the Motorcycle Safety course that you never pull up directly behind a car, always off to the side and watch behind you. I have pulled up between cars several times instead of being hit from behind. Heard the same thing each time "Sorry I Didn't See You". My response is the same, would you like to be explaining to my wife and kids how you killed me?

HDDon post is well received, I would add that I also have a habit of tapping the brake lever couple times before applying firmly. Developed after being rear ended in 1985 by you guessed it, cager who did not see me in behind crosswalk/stop sign and getting ready to make a right turn...she pushed me into the crosswalk and partly into the roadway. Fortunately only bent the luggage rack and sissy bar, (able to straighten out after exchange of numbers...:bigsmiley30:

Sad. :(

I have a rear brake flasher and when I see anyone approaching from the rear when I'm stopped, I release and reapply my brakes which reinitiates the flashing sequence. It's too easy for a steady light on the back of your bike to blend into the lights of the vehicle ahead of you to an inattentive driver.

umm, where did you get this flasher, if I may ask ?

You can order them direct on line at their web site. I have searched and searched but can't find them for a dime off List price. The BAL-1 is $199.00 and the BAL-2 is $439.00.
The BAL-2 is absolutely blinding in wide open mode. One hit off this baby and your night vision is shot for the next 6 hours. You can kick it back a notch but I won't be doing that. I would rather get a ticket than get nailed by a yo-yo on a cell phone in a cage.

If anyone out there has seen them for less, plz let me know.

Thanks Hoop, I have looked high and low for a cheaper price too. Found the same as you.

Bodeen

Back