free website stats program Average Price of A Stage One. | Harley Davidson Forums

Average Price of A Stage One.

hd4evr

Banned
Well, yesterday I pulled the trigger on a Stage One upgrade for my 2007 Road King Classic. I'm getting a Power Commander III, Rinehart slip-ons, and an SE airbox. No dyno tune though. BEFORE I tell you what this is going to cost installed, I'd like to know what everyone thinks would be a decent price for this set-up? Does anyone have this exact set-up? If so, what did you pay, and how do you like it? As soon as I get a few replies, I'll let you know what it's costing me.

I don't know any exact prices, but I would guess around $400 for the slipon's, $300 for the PC III, and about $150 for the Air box. As far as labor, if the HD shops doing it, it's probably 80 buck an hour and at least 2 hours.

All three of these upgrades are a very easy DIY project...$580.for the pipes...$125 for the air cleaner and $360 for the PCIII...so about $1100. for parts...about 2 1/2 hrs taking your time...so it's down to how much time and parts mark up the dealer is going to hit you with to install them

Well,I got the Rinehart slip ons, PCIII, and SE airbox, all brand new and installed for $1100 OTD. just wondered if this was a good price or not?

I already bought the Rinehart slip ons, PCIII, and SE airbox. I'm kinda particular about my bike, and I always just buy "new" when I buy things for it. Just wondered if this was a good price or not with everything installed?

Also, is anybody else running this same setup that can give me an idea of what to expect?

Rinehart Slip ons, SE Breather Kit, TFI.

Expect great things.

Rineharts-$585.00
TFI-$193.00
SE Air-$139.00

Installed myself. Total Cost - $917.00

Bought my SE II slip-ons on ebay from USA--great deal. $250.00

Bought my Thundermax with Autotune on ebay from USA $800.00

Bought my Johnson Engine Technology air filter assembly $220.00
from USA

Total of $1290.00 AUD to my door.Fitted by me at no extra cost.

You guys can get deals i can only dream of.Half your luck.

PS:plus another $20.00 for new muffler clamps.

Well,I got the Rinehart slip ons, PCIII, and SE airbox, all brand new and installed for $1100 OTD. just wondered if this was a good price or not?

I think you did fine. I know I spent a lot more than you did. I am very happy with my set up and think you will be with yours too. Increasing your HP, torque and lowering the temp your engine runs at is going to make you think you are riding a different bike.

Rinehart Slip ons, SE Breather Kit, SE Race Tuner & Dyno $1400, all done by HD Dealer.

I know several people who've had a Stage One done without a dyno, and they love the results. Bikes are running great and my dealer(and others) have said that with just a stage one, a dyno is a waste of money.
I wonder how many of you who are saying a dyno is a "must" did the stage one install yourself? That may have something to do with it. I don't know anyone that has had a dealer do the stage one, and had problems. Just my own experience though.

Back