free website stats program Auxillary Lamp Bulbs | Harley Davidson Forums

Auxillary Lamp Bulbs

mc2

Contributor
I have replaced to many halogen auxillary lamps, courtesy of the vietnam dept of hiways. They just don't take the beating. Headlamp holds up fine.

After cutting away the outer rubber cover I find the bulb is held in place with a very efficient "looking" rubber assembly. 3 screws remove this and releasing a clip the bulb with lead wire is simply removed.

Does anyone offer this simple bulb for replacement? With a sharp object, some surgical skills and a little silicone, the rubber cover could be replaced. I expect it to be a bankroll cheaper than $60 for a full lamp. I got a lot of hiway and byway to travel yet and depend on this additional lighting.

I do appreciate any leads or contacts on this.
Mike

Good question...replacement elements gotta be available somewhere. I'd say they're probably a tad more durable than regular household type. Did you try a internet search & see if anything matches?

Look for a bulb that has same basic number but with LL in front. i.e. LL3157. LL means Long Life, they are used in heavy duty rough useage applications, semi's, dumptrucks, etc.
I believe if you would call a light company, GE/Sylvania, they could cross reference one for you.
wilks3
:USA

I believe this is different from the touring bike passing lamps.

This was my first step in research, and will now be expanding. Some things are a little more challenging from VN with the time differences.
Will post any news.
Thanks for the comments.

Back