free website stats program Auto clutch & Digital switch pad | Harley Davidson Forums

Auto clutch & Digital switch pad

rellotwo

Going to install a auto clutch and a grip ace digital switching pad on my '07 springer classic.
The auto clutch is made by EFM. I have a tank shifter and foot clutch.
The clutch will let me keep both feet on the ground while stopped and when throttled up it will engage. Then will shift as normal. The digital switching pad is embedded into the left hand grip and controls all directionals, starting, horn, and a optional setting that I'm going to try to hook to use as a engine kill. Will clean up the bars some. With a internal throttle I'll just have the brake control on the right with one cable. I'll upload some pics when done. Has anyone used these parts before?.

I have seen the Auto Clutch but have no experience with it, cant wait to see the pictures

Got the clutch pack back today. Workmanship is quality. Been riding a foot clutch since I was a kid but my reaction time is getting a little slower as I get older. This set up should make it easier.

Got the clutch pack back today. Workmanship is quality. Been riding a foot clutch since I was a kid but my reaction time is getting a little slower as I get older. This set up should make it easier.

I'm really interested in reading your impressions after you have some miles on it.
Things like; does it 'creep' like a car when stopped? how much throttle do you have to give when starting and things like that. Thanks.

Garry over at efm told me you can do adjustments using the stock adjustment screw to eliminate any creep. As far as the rpm's needed to get it to engage the instructions say any rpm's over idle will lock it when adjusted right. Also there wont be a need to adjust after set up. Just regular maintenance. I'll report back when I get a chance to install it.

i've tried three of them two in a softail, one in a sporster. the softal lasted two days, the sporster lasted 2 hours, you have to keep the rpms up or it is the same as riding the clutch and it will burn em up.Since I like to lug around at low rpms they will not work for me.

Back