Austin Day Rides?

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by Dr. Dolittle, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I will probably be in Austin, TX, on business and have the entire day of Tuesday, April 19th, free. I'm strongly considering renting a bike from Cowboy HD out on I35 for the day.

Looking for suggestions on where to go. I've heard of the Three Sisters but that looks like it might be a lot to try in one day from southeast of Austin. I've also heard that Fredericksburg and Luchenbach (hope I didn't butcher the spelling) are must see places.

Let's hear some ideas!!

2. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

Dr. here is a link to a route from Cowboys HD. It will take you by The Salt Lick. Great BBQ joint, on to Luckenbach, don't expect much during the week, into Frederickburg. Nice town and back to the HD store. About 160 miles.

austin - Google Maps

I hope the link works.

3. TripleJ

TripleJ Senior Member

Dr. D take a look at the map on this site, it will detail alot of good rides in that area.

Great motorcycle roads in the Hill Country of Texas

If you did the loop from Fredericksburg to Kerrville and on to Harper and finally Llano back to Fredericksburg you would enjoy that ride. Of course you would have to see Luchenbach while in the area.

4. TXMikey

TXMikey Junior Member

5. bobwire

bobwire Active Member

slitterbahn in new braunfels is a great spot for a dip and a view in the heat of the day...........bw

6. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Thanks for all the links and replies!

7. rossn2

rossn2 Member