free website stats program Audio | Harley Davidson Forums

Audio

I have an 04 Ultra Classic and I have No Sound coming from the radio and Yes the Radio is on! you can hear some skips sometimes, Please help if you've had this problem before.

I've tried everything with the switches and still nothing!...I bought the ext. service plan and I think I will have a Brand New Radio installed for $50 bucks!! because it covers the stereo as well! ($50 dollar Deductable):44:

I had a similar issue, it was the wiring harness. Do you have the helmet speaker/mic set? If you can hear through that ok, it's probably in the harness.

Found out today that the company the issues the Receivers only exchanges the them if you send them the Busted one first....so that being said is that my bike will have to sit at the dealers for at least a week! waiting for the New one to arrive. They said that it's not a good idea to run with the fairing with No Radio installed? What are your thoughts of this matter? Other than the Hole that will be there, they said that the vibration would loosen allot and may crack in some places without the radio installed? True or False?

I think I found the problem with the Audio, it might be in the speaker switch? when the radio cuts out I reach under and feel the switch and the audio kicks back on...my question is, how do you get to the switches? under the instruments there's a panel that can come off but the key switch is in the way! how does that switch come off? to be able to get the panel off.

Ultra,

You need to pull the ignition switch out. I highly recommend you use the service manual to do this....it can be tricky getting it back in the slot. If you don't have the manual, I can cut/paste that portion of the instructions and email it to you if you like. Glad you figured it out.

I had a similar issue, it was the wiring harness. Do you have the helmet speaker/mic set? If you can hear through that ok, it's probably in the harness.
I will be checking out the harness this evening and I'll update you. I have always had sound through the headset but finally lost it through the speakers late last fall. Remember to update the readio software. This may fix the problem without opening the fairing. See other threads "radio software update". Remember to extract the files from the .zip before burning the CD. AJ
WAP.gif

Back