free website stats program ATF In Primary?????? | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

ATF In Primary??????

Hey Propflux01...I love your quote about the shovel & drum....I think their concern was probably too slippery as the clutch wears like Glidder has been saying though you had no problem. I think this discussion will go on forever.

Put the Barnett extra plate kit in my softail. The instructions insisted on using type F ATF. It seems to work fine.

Put the Barnett extra plate kit in my softail. The instructions insisted on using type F ATF. It seems to work fine.

Barnett recommends the ATF for their clutch linings only and will fail to tell you that is isn't the best lubrication for the chain and other parts in the primary.

Type F has a lot of friction modifiers Ford was using this for many years while most others used Dexron in the Automotive world, I would use it in hydraulic applications it is superior there, but as the Boss said while Barnett says it is good for the clutch plates, what is it doing for heat transfer and what about lubing the inner surfaces of the primary chain? HMMMMM

Back